Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
same here… Asus Asia (Philippines) has no driver/firmware page for the XT8 also
You need to login in order to vote
Had to downgrade back to 22525. Seems much more stable than the latest one. Both main and node keep dropping clients or passing users to each other like a hot potato. Client wonβt stick to a closer node even if the user is not moving. Weird. At least in 22525, iβve solved my backhaul problem by auto restarting the node every other day, that way keeps it refreshed and ram cleared i assume.
this latest fw is a no-no for me.
You need to login in order to vote
Interestingly enough this new version is not showing on the Asus website, at least when I check. Last posted on website is still 22525.
same here (asus asian region), not posted yet
but i still downloaded and also did a dirty install.
so far no obvious bugs have come up yet. Will observe for now.
You need to login in order to vote
I always first do a pin reset at the bottom of the XT8 and then hard factory reset like below: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046973/#:~:text=Turn%20the%20power%20off.,and%20turn%20the%20router%20on. I do this on each XT8βs. Always find that this way it clears everything in terms of settings. Also, try plugging the XT8 to a different power socket. I had a situation where my extension lead was faulty and caused the XT8 to reboot.
may i ask, so you havenβt had any downtimes or wireless backhaul switching to 2.4ghz ever since updating to this latest update (and doin the factory reset)?
I have had no occasion where my backhaul went to 2.4GHz on FW 22525.
well, thatβs really encouraging. I suppose resetting is really the key to this problem. Thanks again.
You need to login in order to vote
Just adding that I have a MACID lookup table and 44:a8:fc is showing as βAppleβ device of some kind. And in reference to the May 5 date in the log β that is normal when it reboots until it can connect to NTP to get current date/time. I also had my node drop to 2.4 after 33-34 days of uptime, which is still great in my mind. Iβve just decided to schedule a once a week 4am reboot and hopefully things stay as stable as they have been for me. I have my backhaul locked to channel 173 and locked to 160 and GUI shows βGreatβ for connection strength.
am doin this now too, i bought a smart wifi outlet plug, set a sked to turn off the node everyday Β 4am and turn back on again after 2mins. Small annoyance but hopefully keeps my 5ghz wireless backhaul up and steady daily.
You need to login in order to vote
I always first do a pin reset at the bottom of the XT8 and then hard factory reset like below: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046973/#:~:text=Turn%20the%20power%20off.,and%20turn%20the%20router%20on. I do this on each XT8βs. Always find that this way it clears everything in terms of settings. Also, try plugging the XT8 to a different power socket. I had a situation where my extension lead was faulty and caused the XT8 to reboot.
may i ask, so you havenβt had any downtimes or wireless backhaul switching to 2.4ghz ever since updating to this latest update (and doin the factory reset)?
You need to login in order to vote
I dread the factory settings reset, but if it would cure the backhaul problem, then i will have to try it and rebuild all my settings.
Alas, every time ASUS release a new firmware, tweaking is usually required, so alas no guarantees

do i reset to factory settings via the web interface in the : Administration-Restore/Save/Upload Settin-Restore and click on the initialize all settings?
or do i reset via button on the router?
You need to login in order to vote
I also had my node drop to 2.4 after 33-34 days of uptime, which is still great in my mind.
Great news

Interesting, what is device [44:a8:fc:de:65:6a] ? and was this event log around the time the Aimesh backhaul dropped to 2.4GHz ? If disabling roaming assistant for you backhaul doesnβt prevent wireless backhaul from dropping to 2.4GHz, I would suggest you factory reset your AiMesh XT8 routers (all) and rebuild all (factory reset all) your mesh system from scratch

Just adding that I have a MACID lookup table and 44:a8:fc is showing as βAppleβ device of some kind. And in reference to the May 5 date in the log β that is normal when it reboots until it can connect to NTP to get current date/time. I also had my node drop to 2.4 after 33-34 days of uptime, which is still great in my mind. Iβve just decided to schedule a once a week 4am reboot and hopefully things stay as stable as they have been for me. I have my backhaul locked to channel 173 and locked to 160 and GUI shows βGreatβ for connection strength.
thanks also Larry!
You need to login in order to vote
Interesting, what is device [44:a8:fc:de:65:6a] ? and was this event log around the time the Aimesh backhaul dropped to 2.4GHz ? If disabling roaming assistant for you backhaul doesnβt prevent wireless backhaul from dropping to 2.4GHz, I would suggest you factory reset your AiMesh XT8 routers (all) and rebuild all (factory reset all) your mesh system from scratch

itβs an iphone.
I dread the factory settings reset, but if it would cure the backhaul problem, then i will have to try it and rebuild all my settings.
thanks always!You need to login in order to vote
Yes, have a look through the log and see if anything is detailed in log when XT8 backhual dropped back to 2.4GHz ? ( I removed the link you provided to the logs β security) Alas, hopefully you know what time this happened, so this will enable you to pinpoint logs for that time period.
after scrolling thru backwards, was looking for βweak signalβ or backhaul and after seeing the first weak and disconnect words, i saw something weird. Β The words diaconnect was logged at March 29, but the next line at the log says May 5???
Copied and pasted some of the βweird logsβ here:
https://mega.nz/file/gV5ySLKb#je995lu0sw0v_UNztWP1AK8AOvsDO56uPQ6ntUmdO4w
You need to login in order to vote
Is there any clues in the General log to suggest what is happening ?
Sorry. Is this the log i am supposed to get?
(log remove by admin – privacy concern)
You need to login in order to vote
Welp. Hehehe after 4 days, nodeβs LED light turned yellow again (weak signal). So frustrating.
will try disabling roaming assistant now. Sigh.
You need to login in order to vote
If the above does not work, then try try disabling the 5Ghz (backhaul) roaming assistant. Do you live near an airport or military establishment as issue maybe radar interference ?
will do. Thanks a lot again!
You need to login in order to vote
-
AuthorPosts


