Asus DSL AC 68U downstream interleaved

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Asus DSL AC 68U downstream interleaved

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2246
    • UKTechHub Skipper

One step at a time, it could be the Cloudfare settings on the PC (other devices) causing the issue with the router?

I have seen examples where Network card Drivers have caused routers to crash, it is unfortunately not that simple (logical).

DrayTek 130 modem is BT approved and I have one, it work very well with my Broadcom DSLAM/Exchange.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 262
    • UKTechHub Regular

Does the isp apply this then? never thought that mattered thought if it said fast path the connection was ok

I think so but dont know.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2246
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Does the isp apply this then? never thought that mattered thought if it said fast path the connection was ok

I think so but dont know.

The UK DSLAM/Cabinets automatically adjust those parameters based upon you line condition. if your DSL line is suddenly effected by REIN or SHINE, this again can effect SNR/Interleaving and as a subsequence of increased Interleaving, the interleaving Delay increase also occurs.

G.inp by default introduces a certain amount of Interleaving, but does give you Additional Synch speed/Throughput and can still work whilst your line is set to FastPath (2 different types of Interleaving – Delay/Depth) etc.

Such Fun ;-)

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 262
    • UKTechHub Regular

I think here that all is explained very well, interleave, depth, delay: https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm

You have to know that delay is the result of interleave size (e.g. “D”), the larger the size of the blocks the longer the delay to interlace them.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Grisu.
    Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • UKTechHub Regular

Well so far I’ve had no more disconnections between the router and the modem,does the second screenshot I posted of the modem status that says los mean it did lose connection?

Although the uptime shows it been up for a long while?

The speed has dropped and the snr has doubled all because the router lost connection to the modem,I thought the modem would need to go off to cause changes to the speed and snr?

Is the snr change now permanent unless I get Bt to change it?

I hope not as they only did a dlam reset and snr to 3 a few weeks ago

The modem is still showing the wrong snr too

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • UKTechHub Regular

Oh meant to check does it matter what port for the ethernet wan?

I know you mentioned using lan port 1,it’s in 4 atm which is the only unused port.

When I looked at the guide it just said any unused lan port.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2246
    • UKTechHub Skipper

LAN Port 1 is the better one to use, ASUS design the circuit board so LAN 1 etc, provides additional functionality on various units, such as Bonding / Link Aggregation etc.

LOS = Loss Of Signal count and could be issue, but so could many other areas, hopefully DNS changes is a good start before we get to involved in other areas.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • UKTechHub Regular

LAN Port 1 is the better one to use, ASUS design the circuit board so LAN 1 etc, provides additional functionality on various units, such as Bonding / Link Aggregation etc. LOS = Loss Of Signal count and could be issue, but so could many other areas, hopefully DNS changes is a good start before we get to involved in other areas.

Ok I’ve set up lan port 1 as ethernet 1 now,is the only way to get 3 snr back to ask Bt to lower it again?

Or I’m stuck at lower speeds?

I’m guessing that 6snr means my speed has been banded and  now won’t go up higher for a good while I guess if at all.

Or does it drop again quickly if the line stays stable, sorry for all the questions.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2246
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Your SNR should return unless there is a problem with your DSL line, usually takes 2 – 3 weeks if left untouched (no reboots etc).

I am sure once the Disconnects are resolved with ASUS router, the DrayTek 130 Modem should sort itself out.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • UKTechHub Regular

Just to keep things updated speeds have come back up snr has dropped to 5  although something still doesn’t seem right.

My son got completly kicked off the internet while gaming, his ping was going up on a game he usually has no issues with then he was kicked off completly no internet at all on the game or discord.

My other son a had a freeze for a few seconds and a stream we were watching paused too for a minute or so.

None of this ever happens with the same usage in the house.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2246
    • UKTechHub Skipper

If the modem re-synchs with DSL line. then this would cause a drop of Internet access.

Did both your kids get kicked at the same time? and does it always happen when the kids are gaming ? tying to see of a PC/Console is cause of problem ??

On your DrayteK, does it have the Physical Connection Side Menu, if so what is the WAN Status Up Time ?

Can you advise what firmware the ASUS is running currently

The only other area to broadly cover is you mentioned the router/modem is sharing a power extension lead, is one of the gaming devices connected to this also, what else is plugged into this extension lead ?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by UK Sentinel.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • UKTechHub Regular

If the modem re-synchs with DSL line. then this would cause a drop of Internet access. Did both your kids get kicked at the same time? and does it always happen when the kids are gaming ? tying to see of a PC/Console is cause of problem ?? On your DrayteK, does it have the Physical Connection Side Menu, if so what is the WAN Status Up Time ? Can you advise what firmware the ASUS is running currently The only other area to broadly cover is you mentioned the router/modem is sharing a power extension lead, is one of the gaming devices connected to this also, what else is plugged into this extension lead ?

Yes both of them lost internet connection at the same time as the stream froze down stairs.

They’re both wired connections upstairs on pc,my daughter who’d been watching Youtube in her room was fine,although later last night it happened to her.

Her connection is via wifi,I’m 100% the problem is something with the connection.

Come to think of it the stream we were watching stopped so I’m guessing it actually went down again for everyone,weird thing is no log of a drop like the day before.

Firmware is 384.11 2-Gnuton2,the router and modem are plugged into a surge protector extension that also has my pc,pc speakers a desk light and pc monitor.

The other devices that I mentioned that my children use are all upstairs plugged in seperately to their own surge protectors,well the 2 boys anyway who have pcs.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • UKTechHub Regular

Keep getting upnp event process notify connection timed out,not when the internet drops just random times.

I’m guessing this doesn’t matter just fills the logs up?

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 262
    • UKTechHub Regular

my daughter who’d been watching Youtube in her room was fine

youtube may have lost connection too, but short enough as they use some buffer.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • UKTechHub Regular

my daughter who’d been watching Youtube in her room was fine

youtube may have lost connection too, but short enough as they use some buffer.

Yes that’s what I thought,think it was all down,just weird it didn’t show in the router log or the modem didn’t lose connection

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.