Asus DSL AC 68U downstream interleaved

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS Asus DSL AC 68U downstream interleaved

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2438
    • Skipper

Just change on the router to try google dns ? On my pc and other devices I’ve got static ips ans always use this dns which is 1.1.1.1. Leave that and the router will overide it? I was out earlier this afternoon and it disconnected again. (I deleted the attachment as it contained MAC addresses etc) UK Sentinel

Router will not override local DNS preferences, it will only do this if you set the Firewall to block port 53.

leave Local devices as is forknow, just to see if you have any more disconnect today and change LAN Port 4 to 1 for WAN connection and give router a reboot ;-)

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • Regular

Once again many thank’s for the continued advice,I’ve tried changing to google dns so fingers crossed.

Does something in the logs point to it being possibly the dns then?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Ian72.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2438
    • Skipper

Once again many thank’s for the continued advice,I’ve tried changing to google dns so fingers crossed. Does soemthing in the logs point to it being possibly the dns then?

No problem, the log showed failed to get IP address,so am thinking issues maybe DNS related ?

Alas also, sometimes logs can be a hindrance rather than a help as there is so much info  etc.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • Regular

I’ve also noticed since last night my downstream snr has changed,last night it was 3 now it’s 1

Upstream was 5 last night now it’s 6,also my speed has dropped,last night my actual rate was 67mbps now its 59. Attainable rate was 65 now  50

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2438
    • Skipper

Once again many thank’s for the continued advice,I’ve tried changing to google dns so fingers crossed. Does something in the logs point to it being possibly the dns then?

Your SNR value has increased and as a result has decreased your Download synch (speed) – on the DrayTeK UI, what is the System Up Time showing ?

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 284
    • Regular

For me hard to imagine a SNR=1 could even sync, I would check modem and line.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • Regular

Uploads of modem system time and snr

Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2438
    • Skipper

Uploads of modem system time and snr

Great, looks like a slight UI issue as both SNR’s  cannot be 1 (db) , I was interested in System Uptime and it shows long time since last re-synch. so  , hopefully your issues are ASUS router related ;-)

BTW – Far End SNR is actually the  SNR value we are interested in, and yours is 6 currently –  SNR values do vary slightly throughout the day due to heat temps / rain getting into joints etc etc etc.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • Regular

So the issue could still be the dns as everything is set up the best way ? 6db snr is not good though for my speed is it ?

Why would that have gone up when the modem didn’t disconnect?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2438
    • Skipper

So the issue could still be the dns as everything is set up the best way ? 6db snr is not good though for my speed is it ? Why would that have gone up when the modem didn’t disconnect?

Are you on a capped service or paying for an 80/20 service, when I unplugged my DrayTek modem the other day, my SNR was 9 and 12, but I am on a capped service 50/10 ?

My Fritz!ox shows the same , see attachment and Fritz!Box are very accurate regarding DSL stats.

Your connection still has G.inp and it is working, so hopefully once ASUS router is stable, then the modem should get back to what it was originally? unless BT have changed something DSLAM/Cabinet end ?

Attachments:

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • Regular

I’m on a 80/20 service no changes made by Bt although what is interleave delay?

And should Bt remove that?

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 284
    • Regular

interleave delay is the depth how long pakets are stretched and mixed with other pakets.

That makes it slower as answer will be delayed, but correction can be done more often as one paket has less wrong bits.

On bad lines with many errors it may be better to have longer delay, the better the shorter and in best case NO interleave at all and switched to fast path.

Here is a better explanation from a native English ;-)

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/2182

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Grisu.
    Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • Regular

interleave delay is the depth how longe pakets are stretched and mixed with other pakets. That makes it slower as answer will be delayed, but correction can be done more often as one paket has less wrong bits.

Does the isp apply this then?

never thought that mattered thought if it said fast path the connection was ok

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2438
    • Skipper

I’m on a 80/20 service no changes made by Bt although what is interleave delay? And should Bt remove that?

As your on an 80/20 service, then you SNR should be ideally around 3 (Downstream) – hopefully this will correct itself over time as it is decided by DSLAM/Exchange.

Ian72
    Participant
    • Posts 46
    • Regular

If I wanted to use cloudfare dns should I tick connect to dns server automatically then put 1.1.1.1 on my pc?

In case  cloudfare has been the problem on the router?

And hopefully changing dns has fixed it but any ideas if it happens again?

I’ve got connect to dns server automatically to no at the moment and using google dns to see if cloudfare was the issue.

This wouldn’t all be caused be the Draytek being Lantiq and my cabinet being Broadcom would it?

I really hope not after buying the Draytek!

Although I’ve read about lots of people who have the Draytek and are on Bt like me and say it’s great

Although if it was the dns how come it’s been 2 weeks without a problem and then it only happened once?

Wouldn’t it do it all the time?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Ian72.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.