ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

• This topic has 1,152 replies, 72 voices, and was last updated 4 days, 8 hours ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.
Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,153 total)
  • Author
    pavlf
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 59
    • Total Posts 59
    • UKTechHub Regular

All going well here! And guess what, I got to 129 days without issue, but then the ADSL went down at the ISP end of things.  but rather than trust it definitely was the ISP I rebooted. Who knows how much longer it would have gone on for otherwise. It was sitting happily at 46% mem usage up till then.

jetspeed
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 50
    • Total Posts 50
    • UKTechHub Regular

Argh, you still hold the crown – my modem bows down to yours 😂

Just three more days before I match it.

It’s very interesting that your memory usage doesn’t ramp up much. So theoretically it would last forever, unlike mine. Maybe the ADSL code doesn’t have memory leaks like VDSL…

pavlf
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 59
    • Total Posts 59
    • UKTechHub Regular

Yes. No memory leak. I think it’s probably a god amongst the ac88u models. I’ll be selling tickets for people to come in and look at it soon. It might end up like Lourdes. There could be an entire industry sets up down the street selling replica aerials and rj45 cable. But, oh dear, this is just a dream isn’t it. The crown is about to be be wrested from my grasp. If only I hadn’t rebooted on Sunday afternoon. Everything could have been so different.

Unless, unless, unless I manage to locate your address via some sort of reverse ip seach in conjunction with cross-references to past posts and cut your line!

lostcause
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 50
    • Total Posts 50
    • UKTechHub Regular

Yes. No memory leak. I think it’s probably a god amongst the ac88u models. I’ll be selling tickets for people to come in and look at it soon. It might end up like Lourdes. There could be an entire industry sets up down the street selling replica aerials and rj45 cable. But, oh dear, this is just a dream isn’t it. The crown is about to be be wrested from my grasp. If only I hadn’t rebooted on Sunday afternoon. Everything could have been so different. Unless, unless, unless I manage to locate your address via some sort of reverse ip seach in conjunction with cross-references to past posts and cut your line!

LoL

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

Content removed – UKTechHub Admin

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by UK Sentinel. Reason: content removed

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

pavlf
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 59
    • Total Posts 59
    • UKTechHub Regular

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by UK Sentinel. Reason: Content removed - UKTechHub Admin
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by UK Sentinel. Reason: Content removed - UKTechHub Admin

pavlf
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 59
    • Total Posts 59
    • UKTechHub Regular

jetspeed
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 50
    • Total Posts 50
    • UKTechHub Regular

After a nervous few days of stormy weather, the day has come – 130+ days and counting.

Nice try @pavlf, your rain dance brought the rains, but luckily the DSL connection has been rock solid!

No doubt you’ll be back to wrestle the crown off me, but for now sound the trumpets and bring on the fanfare. Let the coronation begin! 😉

CHR7
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 2
    • Total Posts 2
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Hi!

I’m Italian! I just registered on the forum…

I recently purchased the DSL-AC88U, before I had the AC68U and I was very satisfied

I read the many forum pages to understand how to access the router via telnet, and I understood that a “debug” firmware is needed. I kindly ask if anyone could share with me a recent “debug firmware”, even via private message (a link to download it…).

I need to access via TELNET to modify the router’s ARP TABLE to be able to WOL via  Internet from another PC, as I did before with 68U…

I thank anyone who can help me

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by CHR7.
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

Welcome @CHR7 – I will send you a PM shortly

CHR7
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 2
    • Total Posts 2
    • UKTechHub Newbie

ohhhh… thank you very much

spekta
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 3
    • Total Posts 3
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Hi UK Sentinel,

Same problem here for the DSL-AC88U needing SSH/Telnet access, can you please send me the firmware? I need to modify dnsmasq

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

Hi UK Sentinel, Same problem here for the DSL-AC88U needing SSH/Telnet access, can you please send me the firmware? I need to modify dnsmasq

Is yours DSL-AC88U or DSL-AC3100  considering your location

“just making sure I am”

spekta
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 3
    • Total Posts 3
    • UKTechHub Newbie

definitely DSL-AC88U

Product ID
    DSL-AC88U

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.