ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,275 total)
  • Author
    Müzeyyen Kedikli
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Recruit

Im start using 88u on bridge mod and it’s seems stable with last firmware.

Zer000
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Recruit

Chris Best wrote:
    Hi @uk-sentinel, if at all possible would i be able to get access to the telnet firmware build, having some weird issues with my AC-88u and would like to see if i can get to the bottom of it. ta in advance.
    Hi @chrisbest – email / PM sent about firmware

Hi, may I have it too?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Im start using 88u on bridge mod and it’s seems stable with last firmware.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Chris Best wrote: Hi @uk-sentinel, if at all possible would i be able to get access to the telnet firmware build, having some weird issues with my AC-88u and would like to see if i can get to the bottom of it. ta in advance. Hi @chrisbest – email / PM sent about firmware

Hi, may I have it too?

Hi @zer000 – email / PM sent about firmware

DannyGi
    Participant
    • Posts 3
    • Recruit

Hello.

I use Asus DSL-AC88U with latest firmware (1.10.06 build591) and for no reason every random time (sometimes 1 hour, sometimes 20 min) it disconnect internet. Wifi working (Both 2.4 or 5) but green icon of VDSL is grey and Green icon of dsl blinking.

Only a reboot fix it and after random time it random disconnect.

How i can fix it? Thank you

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Hello. I use Asus DSL-AC88U with latest firmware (1.10.06 build591) and for no reason every random time (sometimes 1 hour, sometimes 20 min) it disconnect internet. Wifi working (Both 2.4 or 5) but green icon of VDSL is grey and Green icon of dsl blinking. Only a reboot fix it and after random time it random disconnect. How i can fix it? Thank you

Welcome, Can you screen dump your DSL Settings page and your DSL Log page so we can see what is happening ?

Are there any clues in the actual General or System Log ?

DannyGi
    Participant
    • Posts 3
    • Recruit

Hello. I use Asus DSL-AC88U with latest firmware (1.10.06 build591) and for no reason every random time (sometimes 1 hour, sometimes 20 min) it disconnect internet. Wifi working (Both 2.4 or 5) but green icon of VDSL is grey and Green icon of dsl blinking. Only a reboot fix it and after random time it random disconnect. How i can fix it? Thank you

Welcome, Can you screen dump your DSL Settings page and your DSL Log page so we can see what is happening ? Are there any clues in the actual General or System Log ?

This is the screenshots

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Ok, so your DSL stats look good, but I would change the following, one at a time to see if the change works ..

Not Sure but in your country, do you need a VLAN ID, (Italy) ?

Under DSL Settings, change Stability Adjustment (ADSL) to Disabled, as your connection is VDSL

Then try G.vector (G.993.5) Disabled

You are receiving a few FEC’s maybe worth trying a new DSL cable or splitter if you are using one

Try these options and see if any help

DannyGi
    Participant
    • Posts 3
    • Recruit

Ok, so your DSL stats look good, but I would change the following, one at a time to see if the change works .. Not Sure but in your country, do you need a VLAN ID, (Italy) ? Under DSL Settings, change Stability Adjustment (ADSL) to Disabled, as your connection is VDSL Then try G.vector (G.993.5) Disabled You are receiving a few FEC’s maybe worth trying a new DSL cable or splitter if you are using one Try these options and see if any help

Sincerly i don’t know if i need a VLAN ID. I try to investigate.

I’ve disable Stability adjustment and G.vector. Test now if random disconnections are done.

Thank you @uk sentinel

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

We have a few members from Italy on this forum, so hopefully one will see and help

(I think your VLAN ID is correct otherwise you would not get a Internet connection, but it is worth checking)

(Note: to myself, create a VLAN ID (802.1q) Wiki page)

Edit: Wiki created – https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/modem-vlan-id-tag-802-1q-reference-table/

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by UK Sentinel. Reason: Wiki note added

Test Tim
    Participant
    • Posts 7
    • Recruit

this is a test

Ian Greener
    Participant
    • Posts 7
    • Recruit

I am currently with Sky on their superfast package and only get around 60-20 speeds.

Their supplier modem/router ( SR203) has major dhcp faults and wireless devices regularly lose their signal.

I was going to use a 3rd party modem/router that can provide MER option 61 and until I found this post I was going to get an Asus Dsl ac88U which would be a direct swap.

Is there still issues with the Dsl ac88u and would I be better off with a Draytek 2862ac, TP Link vr2800 or maybe Billion 8900ax.

Is it just the memory loss that is the issue with the Asus or is it wi fi issues as well.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

The DSL-AC88U is no longer supported by ASUS, no new firmware for nearly 2 years

A couple of questions, are you looking for an all in one solution, or would you consider a separate modem and router,  is the unit for Gaming, general usage and how big is your house,  is Wifi coveridge a problem currently and any limitations on budget ?

Ian Greener
    Participant
    • Posts 7
    • Recruit

Ideally I would like to stick with one box.

I just use it for general use and streaming tv. My two sons game, one on the x box ( which uses all the bandwidth when it’s on for some reason ) while the other is a pc gamer, using a home plug.

At the moment the wi fi is using the sky q boxes as boosters but as far as I am aware if you use a third party modem/router they no longer work as boosters.

I also looked at the Asus Dsl ac68U as it has decent reviews. I don’t want to spend a fortune so was looking at nearly new ones.

Pity the the Asus dsl ac model you tested wasn’t going to be released here as that sounded good.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

DSL-AC68U I would leave alone as it uses a MediaTek based DSL chipset, and can be troublesome, and I do not think supports Option 61, ?

Draytek are great routers, but more aimed at business and the interface is tricky for the averidge user.

Billion, used to be great, but clunky interface from what I read online.

For you I would opt for either the …. both support Sky MER and good value.

• NETGEAR C7500
    • TP Link vr2800

The TP-Link is the safer bet especially given the Sky Mer requirements and looks good also, but like most things made in that region, can be troublesome (wifi) but given the price, a good all rounder  at a fair price

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,275 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.