ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 44
    • Regular

Cheers, so used to rebooting every day going to be hard to get out the habit

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Cheers, so used to rebooting every day going to be hard to get out the habit

No daily reboots needed for the DSL-AX82U

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 44
    • Regular

Tearing my hair out I have the dsl ax 82u as my router and the rt ax 82u as a node I have lost so much speed and my internet is now crawling things disconnecting unplugged node just had dsl modem router plugged in and reset still same. I started off about 50mb then rebooted lost about 10 meg then had a power cut last night now down to crawl. How do I hard reset this thing cant find it in book and ready to throw the bloody lot in bin after I stamped on the piece of rubbish, My sky mini is disconnecting every 5 mins so can not really get into a film tried reset through app and reset button how do you hard reset this bloody peace of rubbish so it comes out like it would from the shop, I know on my last router you had to press the reset button for 30secs to get a true reset, Please help or this thing goes flying out that window towards the bin collection

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Unfortunately, ASUS routers are technical, not just plug and play which is why others brands (Netgear / TP-Link) etc are more suited for the less technically inclined .

Are you able to screen dump (capture) you DSL settings and DSL Stats page ?

Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 44
    • Regular

Cheers here you go reset go to about 28mb now

Attachments:
    Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 44
    • Regular

Here is the setting cheers

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Thanks, can u remember what Talk Talk packag you are using ?

Fibre 35 or 65 maybe ?

Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 44
    • Regular

Not got a clue just talk talk fttc that’s all I know I think I’m 65

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Hard reset won’t really help, you should currently be achieving around  40Mbps but does look like there is capacity  in your connection to go higher.

Alas your synch rate (speed) will only increase if DSL-Ax82U is left on for a couple of weeks as DLM has reduced your speed  currently and this takes time to correct (automatic process) ;)

Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 44
    • Regular

Cheers thank you you are a star, 50bms is always the best I have got with netgear or whatever router I used, Im currently connected to my sky that the main thing,  I have telly  yea, still think I will send it back because 10bms makes a big difference. I will give it a week see if anything improves

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Cheers thank you you are a star, 50bms is always the best I have got with netgear or whatever router I used, Im currently connected to my sky that the main thing, I have telly yea

Enjoy

El3rt1cal
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    • Regular

Seems to be a bug in the most recent firmware I have (3.0.0.4.386_45660) Traffic analyser tab can be opened but is not showing activity and instantly freezes the UI. Also makes it impossible to log back in to the UI for a while.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Seems to be a bug in the most recent firmware I have (3.0.0.4.386_45660) Traffic analyser tab can be opened but is not showing activity and instantly freezes the UI. Also makes it impossible to log back in to the UI for a while.

Have you tried a different browser ?

El3rt1cal
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    • Regular

Yes – Identical effect. Seems to lock up the GUI completely for about two minutes. There was no issue with the previous firmware and I have sent feedback.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by El3rt1cal.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Interesting – I will dig out my DSL-AX82U today and flash with firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45660 to see if I can also replicate this issue

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 393 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.