ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo / Wifi 6

At long last I am now able to (officially) confirm that ASUS are in the process of releasing there latest addition to the DSL modem and router family, the DSL-AX82U.

I am still awaiting final specs but the DSL-AX82U is loosely based upon the ASUS RT-AX82U running the latest (UKTH) Broadcom BCM63178 DSL chipset supporting ( 35b) Supervectoring

Alas the DSL-AX82U will not support  G.fast (unlike the DSL-AC88U) but does support 35b Supervectoring and will be the first wi-fi 6 modem router combo to be released in the QTR 3 of 2020 in the world as far as I am aware.

Edit; (4th QTR 2020)

Pic of RT-AX82U (for visual reference) and hopefully more details from ASUS shortly

(P.S.) this time unlike with DSL-AC88U, the  ASUS (DSL Team) have proprietary access over coding etc. lessons learnt from the DSL-AC88U I feel by ASUS

Attachments:

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

Official specs from ASUS for the new DSL-AX82U and a first look (official) of the DSL-AX82U

Availability is expected early 4th QTR 2020 (more details to follow)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by UK Sentinel.

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

Looking nice, wonder how many people will go for it after experience with previous dsl devices 😉

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

Yes, will be an interesting marketing exercise by ASUS,

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

I have asked ASUS for a guide as to the price for the new DSL-AX82U, ASUS have responded to say that they expect the price of the DSL-AX82U to closely match that of the new RT-AX82U when released, but way to many variables for a precise value currently.

Price below from one site only as a guide for RT-AX82U prices.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/asus-wireless-ax5400-dual-band-wi-fi-6-router-rt-ax82u-only-at-best-buy/14643844

$349.99 Canadian Dollars

$255.5 USD.

£210 Sterling

Sounds way to cheap to myself for UK, but Canadian VAT is only 5% (ish)  ?

• This reply was modified 4 days, 3 hours ago by UK Sentinel.

Cozak
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 20
    • UKTechHub Regular

Ha! Not a chance after the nightmare of the Dsl-Ac88u. What a joke that thing was. I switched to a rmerlin supported router after it became obvious Asus were incapable of releasing decent firmware for that joke of a router. Thankfully I managed to get rid of it on ebay (sorry to that person lol).

Rmerlin firmware is so much better that you’d have to be nuts to buy one of these dsl models over a rmerlin supported model.

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Topics 2
    • Replies 75
    • UKTechHub Regular

Totally agree with Cozak.  Both the DSL-AC68U and then the DSL-AC88U were pretty bad products for me.  At least the 68U continued to receive firmware support but the 88U support was non-existent.  Asus treated customers pretty badly.

The DSL-AX82U would have to be an amazing product with great support for me to ever buy a combined modem/router from Asus again.

Why no G.fast?  Does that mean it is not fully for the UK market?

• This reply was modified 2 days, 11 hours ago by dodgydrains.
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

The DSL-AC88U was aimed at countries that supported the G.fast and 35b and others standards, this time the DSL-AX82U is aimed at countries that only support 35b Supervectoring. keeps it simpler I suppose.

We lucked out this time, or maybe a blessing ;-)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.