ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 314 total)
  • Author
    dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 217
    • Regular

Seems like the limitation is the 80MHz on the 5GHz-1.  The wired speed on my PC seems good, which is where I got 852Mbps DL and 927 Mbps UL.  These seem like unachievable with wireless backhaul.

Looks like only way to get faster is to use wired backhaul  and utilize the 5GHz-2 for wifi (not really possible for me).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 517
    • Addict

Or wait for WiFi 6e equipment, which uses a free 6GHz band @160MHz bandwith for backhaul.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

I did read a while ago that 160 Mhz is restricted in certain locations in the UK due to Met Office Weather Radar which removes the option for 160 Mhz automatically 

Roll on ZenWiFi Pro ET12

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

A forum member has kindly shared the latest beta they have received from ASUS for the ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

(RT-AX95Q_9.0.1.4_386_46197_gfc5aa34_nodpi_cferom_puresqubi.w)

This is a beta that has Parental Controls disabled, but improvements on Teams have been made

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/63ED1D87CF9E40448ACDDD24AE0BBD59Y

Note: usual UKTH T&C’s apply for ASUS beta Firmware (top of forum)

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 217
    • Regular

Tested today on several Teams calls and it has been rock solid for me on this new beta.  I will continue testing for rest of the week.  It will be good to see if @Jacky Decoster has better luck with Teams on this.  I did a full factory reset and started from scratch without restore.  I’ll need to go back to stable firmware after, as I need parental control.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Great news, as you say hopefully @Jacky Decoster  will see this new release and try also for Teams calls

Jacky Decoster
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

Hi all,

I will install the beta this evening. Working at home tomorrow and some teams meetings planned.

@Dodgydrains
    : what I was wondering about : when you do teams meetings, is your laptop connected to the satelite stations or the base station? Are you connecting through a vpn or not?

For my situation : doing teams, while Office laptop is wifi-connected with the Asus satelite station (upstairs office/bedroom) and laptop is connected with office VPN . With previous firmwares (except 42095) I experienced dropouts with teams and remote desktop sessions.

feedback on trial with beta will follow….

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 217
    • Regular

@Jacky Decoster my Surface Pro (from work) is connected to a node (1 of 3 nodes) that is furthest  away from the main XT8 that is connected to the ISP router.  The Surface Pro is connected wirelessly to this node and also uses work VPN (I think it is called zscaler).  I have a total of 4 XT8’s including the main unit.

The one thing I do is have my 5GHz-1 set to channel 36 and the 5GHz-2 SSID is hidden.  Not sure if that actually makes any difference.

Have fun testing…..

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 217
    • Regular

Just had a 3 hour Teams call and had no issues at all with the new beta 46197 .  Took a slight hit on speedtest, not sure if it is a coincidence.

Going back to 45898 as I need Parental Control.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Jacky Decoster
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

seems we have a winner with this latest beta : been testing a few hours now : video streaming rock solid until now (even 4k), remote desktop same (no freezes), not able to do Teams testing yet, but will do next week.

will stay on this beta :-)

good job Asus

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

No interruptions  when streaming from NAS is Great news,

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 217
    • Regular

seems we have a winner with this latest beta : been testing a few hours now : video streaming rock solid until now (even 4k), remote desktop same (no freezes), not able to do Teams testing yet, but will do next week. will stay on this beta :-) good job Asus

Great that months of testing may not have gone to waste.  It would be great if you could continue testing on Teams as well.  I had to revert back for Parental Control.

Jacky Decoster
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

had a teams call via Office laptop, connected through vpn this morning that took about 2 hours : no interruptions whatsoever.

yesterday did some streaming video from nas : no interruptions whatsoever.

same with remote desktop sessions : no trouble.

Conclusion : if Asus finalizes this beta into a new official release, all would be good!! I would (finally) be a happy customer :-)

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

I will let them know and keep a spare copy, just incase you need it again at some point in the future 

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 314 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.