Draytek Vigor2760

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems DrayTeK Draytek Vigor2760

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Mrk26
    Participant
    • Posts 460
    • UKTechHub Addict

I guess will have to wait till coronavirus trend finish for more accurate measurements 😂🤣😂

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Posts 460
    • UKTechHub Addict

I decided to carry on here, about exercises made in this thread. With SRA disabled modem sync about 2Mb faster, also after 16h of uptime modem still give good throughput on speed tests (will test this further), speed is more constant, no drops. About 6k FEC errors for 16h uptime, this is no more than with SRA “on” with interleave on downstream.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2172
    • UKTechHub Skipper

I decided to carry on here, about exercises made in this thread. With SRA disabled modem sync about 2Mb faster, also after 16h of uptime modem still give good throughput on speed tests (will test this further), speed is more constant, no drops. About 6k FEC errors for 16h uptime, this is no more than with SRA “on” with interleave on downstream.

Speed synch increase is good, did the SNR value drop slightly ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Posts 460
    • UKTechHub Addict

Not really, I applied light cap to my downstream, and is exactly same as was with SRA enabled, but once reboted with SRA disabled, attienable speed was 2Mb higher than before reset, and it keep it like that even now. I think more about snr I should be able to say once I back on fastpath and remove cap. So far no harm notice with SRA disabled.

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Posts 460
    • UKTechHub Addict

After exactly 5 days, today morning (day 6th ) back on fastpath on downstream. SRA still disabled no issues at all.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2172
    • UKTechHub Skipper

After exactly 5 days, today morning (day 6th ) back on fastpath on downstream. SRA still disabled no issues at all.

Fastpath downstream, great news, are FEC low ? 

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Posts 460
    • UKTechHub Addict

Yes, all nice and smooth, I rebooted modem just over hour ago to remove cap and since then 59 FEC errors. Also seems like bitswap turn on faster now, usually on upstream within 2-3h from reboot, now after couple of minutes from reboot, booth upstream and downstream enabled.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Mrk26.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2172
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Yes, all nice and smooth, I rebooted modem just over hour ago to remove cap and since then 59 FEC errors. Also seems like bitswap turn on faster now, usually on upstream within 2-3h from reboot, now after couple of minutes from reboot, booth upstream and downstream enabled.

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Posts 460
    • UKTechHub Addict

After first 24h on fastpath with SRA disabled I’m actually impressed with amount of errors. On downstream FEC 1323, ES 77, CRC 88, upstream even lower than these.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2172
    • UKTechHub Skipper

What’s synch rate/speed ?

Draytek’s are good in the fact you have lots of options to tweak them easily

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Posts 460
    • UKTechHub Addict

Sync speed is 74Mb and I believe this best what I can get without tweaking at the moment.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2172
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Sync speed is 74Mb and I believe this best what I can get without tweaking at the moment.

74Mbps without G.inp is pretty good for an ECI cab

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.