Draytek Vigor2760

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems DrayTeK Draytek Vigor2760

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel

I forgot to say, my DrayTek 130 MTU was 1492

I would only use a single ethernet cable from WAN on ASUS to LAN 1 on draytek and set ASUS for PPPoE etc ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Mrk26
    Participant

O.K, will try that, I will give him last chance. Asus is set to ppoe, it does connect just loosing connection.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Mrk26.
    Mrk26
    Participant

Right, everything is set how it should be, mtu, bridge, changed vigor ip to 192.168.2.1 as per you instructions in different thread, got access to vigor and all working at the moment. Son testing connection now 😝, so far so good.

It’s good to listen when smart guy talking 😊

Like always you take all credits, thanks a lot.

UK Sentinel

Mrk26
    Participant

Woke up in this morning, checked vigor connection both upstream and downstream on interleave now 😡

Vigor was connected all afternoon yesterday and mess up completely my line now.

@Uk Sentinel

Could you please do screenshot of your Mpoa tab in wan settings? I just want to double check if on mine all is O.K, not sure if wan connection detection should be set to Arp or “always on”.

UK Sentinel

I will do that when family give me time today, The Interleaving may/should  settle down after a few days, so would not worry about that to much at the moment and do no reboot modem any more etc.

Mrk26
    Participant

To be honest, yesterday once I set all it was running constantly without any interruption, even checked stats for errors and nothing indicates that it may be interleaved next day….

Can’t believe is because I changed modem as in the past I switched between two different modems for couple of days (different chipsets) and never had that issue…

Wonder if not because this one running bt fw so doing funny things in background according to sys log…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Mrk26.
    UK Sentinel

When I have tested ASUS DSL kit in the past, before they are released to market, I have found on my exchange (Huawei) it tends to make SNR / G.inp and Interleaving changes around 3 – 4 in the morning.

I am sure if you are patient, it should rectify itself within a few days.

Mrk26
    Participant

Well, you know I’m patient enough 😊

I will give dlm full two days to take first positive action as per previous experience, if upstream don’t jump in this time to fastpatch then I will start to thinking about. Are you still on Huawei cabinet? If yes why you use vigor? Thought famous zyxel VMG1312-B10A will be better on Huawei cab.

UK Sentinel

Long story, basically from a Gaming perspective, Lantiq DSL and Qualcomm based routers for myself produce far superior game sound and picture quality, which is real handy for those pesky campers.

Broadcom based modem and routers are also good, but I just find the Lantiq and QUALCOMM mix works better for myself,

Mrk26
    Participant

That’s interesting, I though you can squeeze as much as possible (g.inp, retx low, 3db etc) with broadcom based modem on Huawei…

Well at least its working the way you need that’s most important.

“Gaming prospective” sorry, but this bit make ma laugh right now, as I told my son that due to I change modem its need to adapt now so our ping in game instead of below 10ms (even 0ms) will be now 30ms plus 😂😂. Not happy days for now. 😜

UK Sentinel

What game does your son play?

Mrk26
    Participant

He is playing fortnite, and making videos of gameplay in that game (mainly). He is really good but as you know low ping in games like that give you more fair play game comparing to other players.

UK Sentinel

He is playing fortnite, and making videos of gameplay in that game (mainly). He is really good but as you know low ping in games like that give you more fair play game comparing to other players.

Is gameplay via PC or Console ?

Mrk26
    Participant

Pc.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Mrk26.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.