Draytek Vigor2760

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems DrayTeK Draytek Vigor2760

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

It’s difficult to be busy in wonderful weather like this ūüėāūüėā

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

After few out of my control disconnections (wife on duty ūüėā) I managed to keep zyxel connected for three days constantly, today morning checked and dlm resync after 1AM and put fastpatch on upstream ūüėĀ. If old scheme still works, after 5 days I should be back on fastpatch on downstream. Was thinking if won’t be worth put now vigor and see if fastpatch won’t kick on it, I only keep small cap on downstream now ūü§Ē

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 287
    • Replies 1633
    • UKTechHub Legend

Good to hear the Broadcom Zyxel worked for you ;-)

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

Yes, Broadcom based modems are best to stabilise line, but for long term use… Noooo ūüėā

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Mrk26.
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 287
    • Replies 1633
    • UKTechHub Legend

Yes, Broadcom based modems are best to stabilise line, but for long term use‚Ķ Noooo ūüėā

Grisu
    Participant
    • Topics 8
    • Replies 226
    • UKTechHub Regular

… fastpatch … fastpatch …¬† fastpatch …

Please write fastpath, there is no such thing like fastpatch.

Only in firmwares or other software they may release a fast patch.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Grisu.
    Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

That’s what probably confuse me.

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

Probably best record (so far) on my ECI cabinet. After full three days fastpath was enabled on upstream, after another three days fastpath kicked in on downstream. Zyxel modem sync with just under 75Mb/s but throughput seems to be very poor, achievable speed only 61Mb/s where ip profile is 69. Time for vigor, will see if it don’t mess up this time.

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 287
    • Replies 1633
    • UKTechHub Legend

Just out of interest, have you tried a ‘quite line test’, to see if there is any noise on your line as Broadcom are good at dealing with a problem lines, so you may have an underlying line problem that Lantiq may struggle with ?

(only a thought)

——–

Performing the Quiet Line Test:

Step 1
    Plug an analogue phone into the main BT test socket.

Step 2
    Dial the test number 17070, Choose option 2 from the menu “Quiet Line Test”

Step 3
    If your telephone has the option, put it on mute. you should hear nothing through the handset.

Step 4
    If you hear any line noise, crackling, buzzing, popping or humming note the time you conducted the test. as you may have a line problem

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/How-quiet-should-the-Quiet-Line-Test-be/td-p/1666911

——

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

After I eliminate aluminum extension in my house I don’t have any issues with line at all. Also bear in mind that old bt eci modem was constantly on fastpath for three months. I remember doing quite line test in past (before sorted aluminum extension) and line was quite. I personally think that there was too many disconnections with vigor before I managed to setup that damn thing properly ūüėÖ. Will see tomorrow morning. Based on last experience I didn’t have to wait long for dlm with vigor on my line ūüėú.

I think is worth to mention that on my line lantiq based modem have slighty lower latency comparing to broadcom based modems, also I realise that even with QOS set (of course individually to line speed) on vigor I have a lot less bufferbloat than on zyxel. I like zyxel for abilities to maintain line in need, but other than that I’m struggle to force myself to use it on daily basis.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Mrk26.
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 287
    • Replies 1633
    • UKTechHub Legend

Understood, I have learnt the hard way that what ‘was’ can change, my case was BT engineer in cabinet at end of road damaging perfectly good crimp connections etc, such fun ;-)

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

At least is sorted ūüĎć

I don’t have any reason to think or suspect that something may be wrong with my line, so I blame myself at the moment. I don’t even think about to reduce snr (tiny – 0.8db) to get full speed as I spoke with people on ee community forum regarding g.inp, unfortunately they wasn’t able yet to confirm if ee opt in for trial but if they will they will try to push me in to the trial.

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

Just a quick update.

Vigor 2760 survived whole 24h and still going on fastpath. Must be then too many disconnections (due to setup) what pushed dlm to put my line on absolute interleave.

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 287
    • Replies 1633
    • UKTechHub Legend

Role on G.inp in your area for ECI Cabs ;-)

Mrk26
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 453
    • UKTechHub Addict

Hey @Uk Sentinel,

I was playing with vigor a little bit and wonder if this is something similar to pbParams on broadcom modems:

DrayTek> vdsl status bandinfo
    ———————-¬†ATU-R¬†Info¬†(hw:¬†annex¬†A,¬†f/w:¬†annex¬†A/B/C)¬†———–
    [ BAND INFORMATION ]
    US:
    Band=0, LATN=   0, SATN=   0, SNR=   6, Border=[   9-  31], Limits=[   6-  31]
    Band=1, LATN=  14, SATN=  13, SNR=   7, Border=[ 882-1193], Limits=[ 882-1193]
    Band=2, LATN=  21, SATN=  21, SNR=   6, Border=[1984-2770], Limits=[1984-2770]

DS:
    Band=0, LATN=   7, SATN=   7, SNR=   6, Border=[  33- 857], Limits=[  33- 857]
    Band=1, LATN=  16, SATN=  16, SNR=   6, Border=[1218-1959], Limits=[1218-1959]
    Band=2, LATN=  27, SATN=  27, SNR=   5, Border=[2795-4083], Limits=[2795-4083].

Looks like is a bit more details?

Also was wondering why my vigor don’t show decimal values just full, I mean snr 6.2db and just show 6 db. I’m pretty sure I see some screenshots on internet from different vigor modems and they show decimal values.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Mrk26.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.