Draytek Vigor2760

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems DrayTeK Draytek Vigor2760

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel

Pc.

Yes for PC, then ping is vey important, hopefully your Son can be patient

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel

How’s the Interleaving depth, has it gone yet ?

Mrk26
    Participant

No, still interleaved on booth (upstream and downstream) after five days I put up snr on downstream up to 8db,will see if that change anything soon, if not may have to put on my line zyxel VMG1312-B10A for little while for better control on speed on downstream and upstream. How long it takes for you to go back on fastpatch when you switch modems?

• This reply was modified 6 days, 23 hours ago by Mrk26.
    UK Sentinel

I forget, what Exchange/Cab are you connected to ?

Mrk26
    Participant

Eci, and I don’t have idea what’s going on . I only got some FEC errors like 30k per day, no other errors. I wonder if BT didn’t change anything on cabinet, apparently they going to launch g.inp trial again in March for ECI cabinets (not necessary mine).

• This reply was modified 6 days, 12 hours ago by Mrk26.
    UK Sentinel

Maybe better to put back in Zyxel for a few days to see if this settles the DLM and switches back on Fastpath.

I read that yesterday also – Interesting to find the test locations it would be

Openreach UK Trial Finally Brings G.INP to ECI FTTC Broadband

Mrk26
    Participant

This is exactly the one I read. I will give one more week for vigor and then will play with zyxel. The thing is that last time when I had situation like this nothing didn’t changed for 15 days until I capped speed.. Will see.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 12 hours ago by Mrk26.
    Mrk26
    Participant

I keep thinking about this, it’s just annoying because I setup all to work properly with vigor now will have to change back configuration for zyxel. Instead of waiting for two weeks I may be able to achieve something earlier. Just need to wait for family to go out so I can play with it in peace.

UK Sentinel

We have all been there, I had the DrayTeK 130 in for ages and G.inp would not kick in, I finally plugged in my Fritz!Box 3490 and two days later G.inp was working. for me it appears that most DSL chipsets keeps FastPath/G.inp enabled, but only certain ones are suitable to re-enable a service and/or the firmware also ?

DrayTek 130 = Lantiq (VR9)

Fritz!Box 3490 = Lantiq (VRX288)

https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/soc/soc.lantiq

Mrk26
    Participant

Well previously I was on asus dsl-ac88u and fastpatch didn’t kicked until I capped speed. So not sure if modem abilities play here on my line. For some reason cabinet stuck on these settings until it get kick.

UK Sentinel

Roll on FTTP / FTTH 

Mrk26
    Participant

Wish I could….

I will have to change house to get FTTP but is not worth, love my current one

I use opportunity that most of my family go out and put in place zyxel, capped straightaway to 60/15Mbs and will wait for magic to start working.

edit

Was actually smoother than I expected, configured zyxel to use on one cable as well, just changed ip to slightly different than vigor

• This reply was modified 6 days, 10 hours ago by Mrk26.
    UK Sentinel

Mrk26
    Participant

We have all been there, I had the DrayTeK 130 in for ages and G.inp would not kick in, I finally plugged in my Fritz!Box 3490 and two days later G.inp was working. for me it appears that most DSL chipsets keeps FastPath/G.inp enabled, but only certain ones are suitable to re-enable a service and/or the firmware also ? DrayTek 130 = Lantiq (VR9) Fritz!Box 3490 = Lantiq (VRX288) https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/soc/soc.lantiq

I was looking into this and looks like vigor 2760 is on same chipset as your fritzbox…

Wondering if they didn’t mess up with fw? ūü§Ē

UK Sentinel

Trail and error I am afraid via testing, glad you are not busy currently

Edit: did u ever try the unofficial (non BT) firmware  ?

• This reply was modified 6 days, 1 hour ago by UK Sentinel.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.