Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

• This topic has 229 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 8 hours ago by lostcause.
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    saris
    Participant

Thank you for the firmware. My VDSL2 connection problems have been resolved. DSL-N66U_v9.1.2.3_790-g61d41b5.trx

UK Sentinel

Thank you for the firmware. My VDSL2 connection problems have been resolved. DSL-N66U_v9.1.2.3_790-g61d41b5.trx

Glad the latest Firmware helped

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

blackgear25
    Participant

i am fix that problem. open telnet function connect via cmd console and type (top) and you can see which one process destroy your ram then you can close or stop that service :). by the way upnp service kill all ram almost using %80 ram. so i close upnp and re-open it’s fixed.

@lostcause @uk-sentinel

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by blackgear25.
    Attachments:
    UK Sentinel

Thanks for advise, good for many owners to know

Stanley
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I bough an used ASUS DSL-N66U N900 modem router some days before. My oldone router is DSL-N16. As I understand ASUS DSL-N66U is still (EOL). For now the Firmware of my ASUS DSL-N66U is the lastone noBeta version 1.1.1.3. Can I have Your oppinion, is it better to continue using 1.1.1.3 version or will be better to change it with Beta version DSL-N66U_v9.1.2.3_790-g61d41b5.trx ?

Thank You.

Stan.

UK Sentinel

Do you have a copy of firmware DSL-N66U is the lastone noBeta version 1.1.1.3

If so then it is worth trying the newer beta firmware to see how this works for you. if not suitable then just flash back to 1.1.1.3 .

Alas ASUS firmware’s are a little hit or miss, they fix some problems and create other new issues (sometimes)

Is there any reason you are looking at newer firmware (specific issues) etc. ?

Stanley
    Participant

Hello and thanks for Your response.

Yes I found on internet and downloaded the 1.1.1.3 . Hope it’s not corrupted.

My internet suplier is Origin Broadb. I don’t have any special network like VPN or smth like that. Just home network and all my devices are working on 2.4 GHz. And it’s looking that Wi-Fi network is more busy than before when it was with ASUS DSL-N16 working. When I try to conect with router for settings menu, sometimes it takes a while to conect. and because 1.1.1.3 is more than three years old I think, that’s why I’m asking is it better with Beta version and are there some more unresolved issues compared with 1.1.1.3.

Thank You.

UK Sentinel

Great you have a copy of 1.1.1.3. and given your issues, I would try with DSL-N66U_v9.1.2.3_790-g61d41b5.trx and see how it goes .

Grisu
    Participant
    lostcause
    Participant

i am fix that problem. open telnet function connect via cmd console and type (top) and you can see which one process destroy your ram then you can close or stop that service :). by the way upnp service kill all ram almost using %80 ram. so i close upnp and re-open it’s fixed. @lostcause @uk-sentinel

Don’t have upnp enabled. Seems the firmware has a memory leak somewhere as all versions I tried reboots itself < 14 days. The current beta firmware I’m using reboots every 4 – 6 days runtime with upnp & telnet disabled.

Joshuajackson
    Participant

What’s the latest version for DSL-AC51 for asus Merlin? Is it stable and secure? Does it get updated frequently?

UK Sentinel

DSL-AC51 is sill supported by ASUS, the latest version is V1.1.2.3_805  released in January this year.

FYI – ASUSWRT-Merlin is not available for ASUS DSL Routers. only there RT models

Hopefully others can advise on how stable this release is ?

Joshuajackson
    Participant

Well I wanted asus Merlin and I thought I could get it here.

UK Sentinel

Well I wanted asus Merlin and I thought I could get it here.

Alas no, there are third party coder (GNUton) that has produced a DSL build with Merlin, but only suitable for the DSL-AC68U

Daconi
    Participant

Hi to All!

I have the latest version of Fw: V1.1.2.3_805 for DSL-AC750 and my connection is not good, need more time to be connected DSL, and I must all time wait many time, what is about you guys, and how we resolve this problem…

I must try the V9.1.2.3_743

Thanks in advance

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.