Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

• This topic has 325 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 5 days ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.
Viewing 11 posts - 316 through 326 (of 326 total)
  • Author
    osman
    Participant
    • Posts 10
    • UKTechHub Regular

Internet cable coming from outside passes in front of a satellite dish. Is it possible to affect the cable? Approximately 45cm away but just in front of it.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2175
    • UKTechHub Skipper

It is possible but not very likely, most forms of home Internet connections use RF (radio-frequency) signals to transmit the data, regardless of whether that’s over a wire or over the air. This is true for DSL, cable, and any currently-popular form of wireless ISP. The only major exception to this is fiber-optic ISPs, which use light signals instead of RF signals (but even those could potentially have RF equipment in the transceivers, that is, in the modem.)

Additionally, home networks use RF signals to transmit information (i.e. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even wired Ethernet).

I have read that some HAM radio operators (amateur radio) can be troublesome especially with there large antennas mounted on the side of houses etc. , but never read anything regarding satellite dishes etc.

You will have to unplug satellite dish and try a test to see if any CRC’s start increasing ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 256
    • UKTechHub Regular

SAT dishes got such weak signals that they can’t effect DSL.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Grisu.
    osman
    Participant
    • Posts 10
    • UKTechHub Regular

I changed my modem. CRC errors stay at a certain level in this modem. I will talk to asus for the electrolytic capacitor. I was getting the same errors on N16. for the satellite dish, I have to wait tomorrow because I have to go to my neighbor’s roof. Do you have any modem suggestions?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by osman.
    Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2175
    • UKTechHub Skipper

I changed my modem. CRC errors stay at a certain level in this modem. I will talk to asus for the electrolytic capacitor. I was getting the same errors on N16. for the satellite dish, I have to wait tomorrow because I have to go to my neighbor’s roof. Do you have any modem suggestions?

Just unplug Satellite from back of satellite receiver box , no need to climb on roof.

The errors from this modem are FEC not CRC so much better, what modem is this ?

if you leave this modem plugged in, do you still get disconnects etc. ?

Is the ASUS DSL-AC750 new ? DSL-N16 also uses MediaTek DSL chipset so same as DSL-AC750

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 10
    • UKTechHub Regular

I can’t disable the satellite dish because it’s not mine. Zyxel VMG3312-B10B. Not as stable as Asus if stuck. For example, it constantly creates server lag in the apex legends game. It creates stuttering on websites and in games too.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2175
    • UKTechHub Skipper

As @Grisu details, Satellite probably not effecting DSL cable, so I would leave the satellite alone, to much trouble and risk to life and annoying neighbor’s .

Your Zyxel VMG3312-B10B has a Broadcom DSL chipset –  Broadcom BCM63168 which is a good DSL chipset.

For testing – I think the Zyxel VMG3312-B10B supports Bridge-Mode so it can be used as modem only and then connect your ASUS DSL-AC750 and use ASUS  as only wifi and router and see if gaming is better and less disconnects etc. ?

below is link on how to set- up bridge mode on different Zyxel modem/router, so should be similar for yours

Zyxel Bridge mode

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 10
    • UKTechHub Regular

I did this by adding a new wan interface because the ISP has its own modem. Do I need to make a setting on the Asus ac750 ?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2175
    • UKTechHub Skipper

I did this by adding a new wan interface because the ISP has its own modem. Do I need to make a setting on the Asus ac750 ?

Yes, as long as your Zyxel is set up in Bridge-mode, then the ASUS DSL-AC750 will need to be set up to use PPPoE as detailed below.

Hopefully if you need to use a VLAN ID (802.1q) then this has been set on Zyxel modem already.

http://www.dlink.cc/asus-products/how-to-setup-ethernet-wan-mode-in-asus-dsl-ac68u-r-dual-band-wireless-router.html

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 10
    • UKTechHub Regular

Thanks for your help. I will use it like this for now

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2175
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Well I got the date wrong DSL ASUSWRT Beta Firmware v9.1.2.3_886 now available, as follows. Feel free to share on your forum. 2020_10_07_v9.1.2.3_886-g42a8ba5 (UKTH) https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/0C8B540FC9394CCE9F4E02B88720B96AY Changelog to follow early next week.

Changelog as promised:

Release note as follows.

• Fixed Web UI related issues.
    • Enhance firmware live update mechanism.
    • Adopt security related enhancements.
    • QIS > VDSL WAN(PTM), added Australia ISP Optus profile.
    • Fixed possible Feedback > xDSL Diagnostic log missing issue.
    • Fixed DDNS leads to possible UI login issue.
    • Fixed OpenVPN related issues.

Viewing 11 posts - 316 through 326 (of 326 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.