Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 422 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Ok, so I have had feedback from ASUS regarding this new G.INP Stability Adjustment option.

————-

This setting strengthens the detection of impulse noise, and may improve some lines with frequent noise fluctuations to a certain extent.

We suggest that when the DSL link mode is G.INP and the CRC increases frequently, you can try to enable this setting.

Thank you.

————–

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

Hello, in the new beta version, the ac750 model itself is reset and turns 858. Is this a normal situation

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Hello, in the new beta version, the ac750 model itself is reset and turns 858. Is this a normal situation

Not normally, sometimes the router does cache what was there previously, try factory reset (button on back or router) and then load new firmware and re configure from scratch (not use backup settings)

Let us know if this works ?

Adnan008
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

Not normally, sometimes the router does cache what was there previously, try factory reset (button on back or router) and then load new firmware and re configure from scratch (not use backup settings) Let us know if this works ?

my dsl-ac55u did the same thing too after using new firmware for 5-6 hours, unfortunately i can’t (don’t want to suffer again) reset settings, i hope new stable version comes soon.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Adnan008.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

@Adnan008 – Did your dsl-ac55u revert to the previous firmware after a reboot or after you factory reset? as I will remove link if this release is causing issues ?

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    • Regular

I am already using latest firmware on AC55U without any issues rn.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

I am already using latest firmware on AC55U without any issues rn.

Thanks for update, did you factory reset after installing latest firmware ? 

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

Hello, it was reset again at the end of 20 hours. I loaded the beta version with Rescue and after it was installed I reset the settings with the WPS button. The result is the same again. My DSL settings are like this, as an extra, I have set the beta setting as stable. I cannot use this modem with this line. Because when I don’t make any DSL settings, it gives up to 3 million CRC errors in 4 hours.

Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

3 million CRC errors in 4 hours

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Note:

A couple of ASUS DSL users have reporting issues with latest beta firmware – Live Update Enhancements which has caused router to automatically upgrade to last Stable firmware available via ASUS update servers after a few hours.

Models Effected so far:

• DSL-AC56U
    • DSL-AC750

I have disabled firmware update link, notified ASUS and glad the UKTechHub beta testing teams are finding these faults 

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

You have both G.vector and G.inp enabled, if possible disable G.Inp and see if this helps ?

Have you had your line tested by ISP for a potential line fault ?

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

My provider never send someone to test. As long as the DSL light is on and checking the line, there is no intervention. My SRN value dropped by 17db on the ac750 model 4 days ago. I used to see it as 24db before. I still get normal db values ​​on my Zyxel modem. VMG3312 B10B. Since it is a restricted version, using it as a bridge is useless. I made the setting you said and I’ll get back to you.

Adnan008
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

@Adnan008 – Did your dsl-ac55u revert to the previous firmware after a reboot or after you factory reset? as I will remove link if this release is causing issues ?

i didn’t do factory reset or reboot, i just upgraded firmware to latest from previous beta, and used it. it flashed stable firmware itself while i was browsing web

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

@Adnan008  – that makes sense as other ASUS DSL owners are also saying new beta firmware is automatically updated firmware on router, I have told ASUS

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 422 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.