ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

This topic contains 624 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel 1 day, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 616 through 625 (of 625 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@UK Sentinel Is there any way to lower line attenuation in ASUS DSLAC88U to be same as DLINK2888A because when I re plugged the DLINK I can see always getting lower line attenuation which I think why I’m getting better sync speed than ASUS DSL AC88U also I noticed when I re plugged ASUS DSL AC88U I see it didn’t use VDSL BAND STATUS D1 like DLINK2888A so if u can contact ASUS about that. Thanks

Telnet is disabled on all current builds for the DSL-AC88U, so no options to reduce SNR/Attenuation  etc.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

jetspeed
    jetspeed
    Participant

I’m at 38 days since last reboot with 591, but the last time was one of those massive RAM consumption events that led to the GUI becoming inaccessible. I’ve no idea what caused it. It came about quickly, not over a period of weeks.

I’m not so sure the lockup is caused by the RAM usage. I experienced the lockup at 5 and 9 days. When I checked the RAM usage the day before, it was under 50% in both cases.

I did manage to login one time and saw the DNS and DHCP processes restart in the log. So something else may be at play here…

rolllin
    Participant

@UK Sentinel Is there any way to lower line attenuation in ASUS DSLAC88U to be same as DLINK2888A because when I re plugged the DLINK I can see always getting lower line attenuation which I think why I’m getting better sync speed than ASUS DSL AC88U also I noticed when I re plugged ASUS DSL AC88U I see it didn’t use VDSL BAND STATUS D1 like DLINK2888A so if u can contact ASUS about that. Thanks

Telnet is disabled on all current builds for the DSL-AC88U, so no options to reduce SNR/Attenuation etc.

I didn’t mean telnet I mean if ASUS can update the vdsl driver to get best line attenuation / snr

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@rolllin – I see, as you have errors/fault on your line (I assume) , maybe worth getting that fixed first, regarding Attenuation, best send ASUS a feedback form and mention you been speaking with UK Sentinel and hopefully they may respond.

Personally, I think your  DSL stats will not change until we are allowed to have Telnet enabled Firmware and make certain changes ourselves, but no idea when this firmware option will be available via STOCK firmware?

Likewise, given your DLINK and ASUS use different DSL chipsets (Triductor and Broadcom), they will never be similar in terms of Attenuation/SNR values so other option maybe is to use a Modem/router that is not Broadcom or see if the DLINk supports Bridge Mode/PPPoE passthrough so you can use it as a modem and use the DSL-AC88U as a router only?

rolllin
    Participant

@rolllin – I see, as you have errors/fault on your line (I assume) , maybe worth getting that fixed first, regarding Attenuation, best send ASUS a feedback form and mention you been speaking with UK Sentinel and hopefully they may respond. Personally, I think your DSL stats will not change until we are allowed to have Telnet enabled Firmware and make certain changes ourselves, but no idea when this firmware option will be available via STOCK firmware? Likewise, given your DLINK and ASUS use different DSL chipsets (Triductor and Broadcom), they will never be similar in terms of Attenuation/SNR values so other option maybe is to use a Modem/router that is not Broadcom or see if the DLINk supports Bridge Mode/PPPoE passthrough so you can use it as a modem and use the DSL-AC88U as a router only?

Thanks for the help I already sent them twice about month before,  I will probably will do as u said DLINK to be bridge and ASUS router but ASUS does not have QOS unfortunately because I have 7 device connected.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  rolllin.

psycopotimas
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have been following this and previous site for a long time now as an owner of this dsl router.

I’m not really happy with the performance of it on wifi/vpn/iptv etc and the speed of the firmware updates to address poor/missing features seems to have dried up. Far to many problems for my liking

I have a HG612 3B and was wondering if you guys thought this would be a better option coupled with a more capable router. My question would be this, what router would you recommend for say less than £200. Also is the HG612 still relevant or would an upgrade of this be required too? I have read lots of reviews but have no idea.

Any input would be great, apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place

Liam

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Hi guys, I have been following this and previous site for a long time now as an owner of this dsl router. I’m not really happy with the performance of it on wifi/vpn/iptv etc and the speed of the firmware updates to address poor/missing features seems to have dried up. Far to many problems for my liking I have a HG612 3B and was wondering if you guys thought this would be a better option coupled with a more capable router. My question would be this, what router would you recommend for say less than £200. Also is the HG612 still relevant or would an upgrade of this be required too? I have read lots of reviews but have no idea. Any input would be great, apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place Liam

Welcome, The HG612 does not support G.inp (without firmware change) or G.fast, so if this is not an issue, then the HG612 is a good little unit.

Regarding routers,  for your price limit and requirements, the RT-AC86U flashed with RMerlins (ASUSWRT-Merlin) is perfect. I have one and it is works very well.

The choice to change is yours alone 😉 but I would 😉

nofixedaddress
    Participant

AI Protection still has high cpu use with latest beta when performing a file copy over Wi-Fi. File copy speed drops from 60MB/s with AI off to ar0und 13MB/s with it on.

Confirmed. Reverting back to build585 as https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2606692&r=57560437#r57560437 has gotten worse. Since updating to build586, symptoms begin immediately. Once unit has finished powering on/rebooting, Used RAM is no longer at 175MB at first, it is now immediately at 250MB. The CPU1/CPU2 graphs max out with normal download use/without cause. Worst though, WLAN file transfers no longer get a 50-60MB/s speed at first, it is now 12-13MB/s permanently.

To save me reading through all the posts since page 16 of this thread, can anyone advise me if anyone has made any progress with this issue?

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Alas no improvement currently and until ASUS / Trend Micro change their packet inspection  algorithm, highly unlikely it will be.

They (ASUS) are fully aware of the issues but issue/investigation is ongoing

• This reply was modified 4 days, 9 hours ago by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I’m using X-Plore for Android to Access my FTP service through smartphone, from laptop and Desktop i use only Firefox (built-in support) to download from FTP service and not any specific FTP client program. The same programs and exactly the same things i was using and before with the AC68U, with no problems!!! Yes of course, i don’t have any problem but which settings do you want to use ?? By trying to use Native FTP service from the router to open 21 port or by trying through upnp from Synology NAS ?? (I have send them also before 3 days a feedback inside AC88U but they didn’t answer me).

Had initial feedback from ASUS and they are not able to duplicate issue (no real surprise) maybe better to return DSL-AC88U if pos and purchase something that will work and meets your needs 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 616 through 625 (of 625 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.