ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 299 total)
  • Author
    Black Bird
    Participant
    • Posts 34
    • Regular

@black-bird – Did you have access this version (version 9.0.0.4_386_13892) already ?

Unfortunately I couldn’t access it but I know this firmware version was the latest

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3162
    • Skipper

@black-bird – I will ask

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3162
    • Skipper

Hi Got a friend looking for a recommendation to replace ISP box of crap. Is the DSL-AX82U any good? This will need to be handed over to a non techy so is it stable? Thanks in advance……

Not fully stable as yet but the next Stck release should address most of the current issues (whenever that is) as you know, ASUS DSL kit is not ideally suited for the non-technical, 

dwskittles
    Participant
    • Posts 11
    • Regular

so i set the snr to 6db but i think my line has been banded so it showing 10db at the moment.

Black Bird
    Participant
    • Posts 34
    • Regular

so i set the snr to 6db but i think my line has been banded so it showing 10db at the moment.

The way it works is different, so there’s inconsistency. The next firmware was also more understandably updated.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Black Bird.
    dwskittles
    Participant
    • Posts 11
    • Regular

mine looks like this on 9.0.0.4.386_13831-g7ade778

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by dwskittles.
    Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3162
    • Skipper

So if your original SNR was 10dB and you have set Stability Adjustment to -4dB then you should end up with SNR of 6dB – lots of variables so hopefully ASUS will update to suit how it should work with newer releases.

Leave yours at 6dB overnight and see what happens

Black Bird
    Participant
    • Posts 34
    • Regular

mine looks like this on 9.0.0.4.386_13831-g7ade778

Yes, this firmware version was introduced for VDSL SNR tuning and remained obsolete. Because you installed an old beta firmware, you are already writing down a known issue.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Black Bird.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3162
    • Skipper

Ok, so spoke with ASUS and they have kindly shared DSL-AX82U beta Firmware (DSL-AX82U_9.0.0.4_386_43563-g9919a0d_cferom_puresqubi) which now the UI of Stability adjustment has changed to  -1 dB, -2 dB, … and +1 dB, +2dB etc. and should work for both ADSL and VDSL connections.

This is a beta firmware so normal UKTH ASUS beta firmware T&Cs apply (see top of forum)

DSL-AX82U_9.0.0.4_386_43563-g9919a0d_cferom_puresqubi.w (23 downloads)

Would be good if someone could verify if VDSL  Stability adjustment  actually works ?

dwskittles
    Participant
    • Posts 11
    • Regular

the only difference i can see is the max rate has gone up a bit. Also the log shows 6db for a couple of seconds after restarting the router then it jumps to 11

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3162
    • Skipper

the only difference i can see is the max rate has gone up a bit. Also the log shows 6db for a couple of seconds after restarting the router then it jumps to 11

Why is router restarted (do you mean rebooted) does router reboot automatically after setting are applied ?

dwskittles
    Participant
    • Posts 11
    • Regular

was re doing my settings because i pressed the reset button on the back of the router.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3162
    • Skipper

was re doing my settings because i pressed the reset button on the back of the router.

I see, so if you SNR is currently 11dB and you set your Stability adjustment to -6, does that hold  and show your new SNR to be 4dB ?

dwskittles
    Participant
    • Posts 11
    • Regular

correct but it still says 11db

dlm is just doing its job

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3162
    • Skipper

Shame

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 299 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com