ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    kev2021
    Participant
    • Posts 73
    • Regular

Thanks, wow June, I was hoping to get one this month or next.

I think I’ll keep an eye out as I suspect some places may have it available sooner to purchase. If not, i’ll pre-order it.

Thanks

Kev

vitt13
    Participant
    • Posts 15
    • Regular

Which firmware version of 7530 do you use? Did you try to use old (previous) DSL-driver? That often helps. Not all drivers work well with all lines and remote systems or their firmwares.

I used  7.24 and 7.25, FritzBox is a good modem but it has one negative “feature”, if it sees the noise in dsl line it gives a command to reboot, even the slightest noise can trigger to reboot.

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 388
    • Addict

Did you try with previous DSL-driver?

Many solved their problems with it, can be changed in tab with DSL-stability settings.

At least give it a try till the other modem arrives.

vitt13
    Participant
    • Posts 15
    • Regular

Sorry but FritzBox 7530 is gone from my life for good , I have been having DSL-AX82U for over a month and I’m very happy with it

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

Amazon are taking pre-orders for the DSL-AX82U for £199.99 – Stock available in June. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=asus+dsl-ax82u&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

The date keeps changing on that, first time I looked at the product page it said it was in stock on the 9th June then yesterday it changed to the 2nd June and now today its saying the 31st May so it could be out even sooner 🙂

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

If only they knew ASUS like we do

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

El3rt1cal
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

sure thanks, hopefully someone can advise if connection has been stable :) Thanks Kev

From a couple of days use the connection seems as reliable on VDSL 80/20 as the  Billion 8800 axl I was replacing (which was rock solid). Little or no difference in any  of the key stats. I am on a decent line, but it is also possible to adjust to provide greater stability. Wifi also seems issue free, (I have an AX 86U which I got a while back meshed to it).

El3rt1cal
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

How has the unit been so far @El3rt1cal? Are you running it as it came from ASUS or loaded Merlin on it? I’m tempted to by one but a little weary due to the usual teething problems until its been out a while :) Kev

Seems fine, stable and the Wifi reach is very good. I am using stock, firmware for at least the next couple of weeks. It was worth buying it and I expect prices will drop a bit, so it may be a good idea to wait.

kev2021
    Participant
    • Posts 73
    • Regular

Thanks @El3rt1cal, my existing BT router appears to be dropped connection approx. every 1.5 – 2 hours.  It automatically re-connects so hence I don’t always notice it if i’m not using it at the time it drops but super annoying…

Just looking for a shop to buy it from that has in stock and is one I’m familiar with ideally.

Kev

kev2021
    Participant
    • Posts 73
    • Regular

that link on amazon shows 5th June for me atm…. going to wait and see if other suppliers get it :)

Kev

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

that link on amazon shows 5th June for me atm…. going to wait and see if other suppliers get it :) Kev

Shows April 27th for me now. It clearly doesn’t know when it wants to be released 😄

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

Just checked again this morning, still showing In stock on April 27th,

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

ASUS have on there downloads servers the first firmware for the DSL-AX82U

Version 3.0.0.4.386_42438

https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Modem-Routers/All-series/DSL-AX82U/HelpDesk_Download/

vitt13
    Participant
    • Posts 15
    • Regular

Hi UK Sentinel, do you have the very first Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_41776 ? Before I update to next firmware I need at least first stable.. and why Asus don’t offer Firmware Restoration Utility or something from their website ???

Thank you.

El3rt1cal
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

3.0.0.4.386_42438

The restoration util is there, It is on the support tab, same place as the more recent firmware, just get it to show all downloads.

I did upgrade the firmware and the performance is at least the same as that it came with. Not sure why Asus shipped it with the version they did, given they are  not listing 3.0.0.4.386_41776  as the initial release.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by El3rt1cal.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com