ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

I will chat with Asus in the morning to make sure they have received the logs ;)

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

So I have explained issue regarding 8 days and ASUS will look into this

Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 13
    • Regular

Here’s an odd thing. Around 10 minutes ago I lost the Internet. I figured it was the ISP, but then noticed the router was rebooting.

Okay, odd, but maybe a firmware update? No. Same as before.

But now the node has gone and it doesn’t think I have one. The node itself is flashing blue, and that’s it.

What happened? I didn’t do anything!

Edit: Update; bizarre. I had to bring the node downstairs to try and pair it again (as it wasn’t found when scanned in situ).

I also noticed my guest network had gone down – and wasn’t showing at all. Also weird.

Once downstairs, I did a reset and when it restarted (I expected it to be in new mode) it reconnected at 5GHz but with low signal. If there was any proof that this thing gets messed up, having a node about 3 metres away and showing low signal is it!

It then disconnected again and now it’s back, and the guest network is back.

Lucky I was home, as everything fixed in less than 30 minutes, but if I was at work and this had happened when my wife was needing to work, she’d not be happy.

Asus needs to make this more resilient. Incidences like this, and the dropping to 2.4GHz, would make some people too wary to trust it at all.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

Asus needs to make this more resilient. Incidences like this, and the dropping to 2.4GHz, would make some people too wary to trust it at all.

Agree totally, the only way to keep ASUS kit (general comment) on track is to schedule the occasional reboot (out of hours) not sure if the ZenWifi supports this option

Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 13
    • Regular

Agree totally, the only way to keep ASUS kit (general comment) on track is to schedule the occasional reboot (out of hours) not sure if the ZenWifi supports this option <noscript><noscript></noscript>

I am pretty sure you can, but I’d rather not do this except as a last resort. It could very well cause issues with some of my smart home products (including wireless CCTV) and if scheduled in the middle of the night, it could mean that not restarting correctly removes the security.

I’ve had a good run though; since my last post, the node hasn’t dropped to 2.4GHz once (that I’m aware of at any rate!). This was a very odd incident, and I wouldn’t have understood it if it had been a firmware update.. not just sitting idle.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

No easy answer unfortunately, send a feedback form and explain issues, hopefully ASUS will add this to there list

edit: Add ‘UK Sentinel’ in subject box as this may help get a more positive response

Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 13
    • Regular

No easy answer unfortunately, send a feedback form and explain issues, hopefully ASUS will add this to there list <noscript></noscript>edit: Add ‘UK Sentinel’ in subject box as this may help get a more positive response

I’ll try and do that later, but sadly I couldn’t see anything in the log so all I can post is what I’ve written here (and from a technical standpoint, I’m not sure Asus will have much to work with!).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 140
    • Regular

I will chat with Asus in the morning to make sure they have received the logs ;)

Any news from Asus on whether they received the logs?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

I spoke with ASUS and said logs where sent, I did not seek clarity as to whether they had received them or where looking at them currently, but they are aware logs had been sent

I am sure if they need any extra information, they will be contacting one of us, hopefully yourself

https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/asus-zenwifi-ax-whole-home-tri-band-mesh-wifi-6-system/page/6/#post-13850

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 140
    • Regular

A new update has just appeared (3.0.0.4.386_43181-g6099e58).  There is nothing on the webiste for this with changelog.

I’ll wait till the evening or weekend to see if there is anything on the website.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

A new update has just appeared (3.0.0.4.386_43181-g6099e58). There is nothing on the webiste for this with changelog. I’ll wait till the evening or weekend to see if there is anything on the website.

I spoke with ASUS and they believe update servers should be fully synced by later today / tonight  with changelog etc.

Changelog:

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

1. Fixed guest network related issues.

2. Improved system stability.

3. Fixed Android 7 device connection issues.

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 140
    • Regular

I spoke with ASUS and they believe update servers should be fully synced by later today / tonight with changelog etc.

Changelog:

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

1. Fixed guest network related issues.

2. Improved system stability.

3. Fixed Android 7 device connection issues.

Thanks, I will do a factory reset after updating.  Hopefully the backhaul is more stable.

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 140
    • Regular

I have factory reset and updated to 43181.  After setup, restarted the mesh network.

In the last week or so I have had quite a few Microsoft teams meeting, whilst working from home.  Randomly during calls I get notification saying weak signal and cannot hear others in the meeting talking (this lasts a few seconds), then suddenly starts to work again (the wifi indicator shows full bars with connected at all times).  Not sure if any of the other users with the XT8’s have experienced this on 43170, hopefully this is fixed on 43181….

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

Let us know if Teams has improved with  43181 this week 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com