Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

I am using n16 with 5.5.2.11 too much crc errors and bad stability. 5.9.2.23 much better. It would be great if you could report it to Asus

DSL-N16 uses the MediaTek MT7510 DSL chipset so different from Zyxel DSL chipset, but will advise you are having issues with 5.5.2.11 ;-)

Maybe also send ASUS a feedback form as they may help you with CRC errors

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

kamiboy
    Participant

I am using n16 with 5.5.2.11 too much crc errors and bad stability. 5.9.2.23 much better. It would be great if you could report it to Asus

Do not use ASUS as modem only use it as router . bridge your zyxel to dsl-n16

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Do not use ASUS as modem only use it as router . bridge your zyxel to dsl-n16

Good idea

jonathan
    Participant

zyxel’s software is insufficient. Asus is better on this but mediatek chipset have a chronic problem with Broadcom dslam. I hope they solve the problem with new xdsl drivers.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by jonathan.
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

zyxel’s software is insufficient. Asus is better on this but mediatek chipset have a chronic problem with Broadcom dslam. I hope they solve the problem with new xdsl drivers.

ASUS do not often update xDSL drivers for the MediaTeK range, have you tried an older ASUS DSL-N16 firmware, are CRC errors still the same?

jonathan
    Participant

there are many old firmwares. I don’t know (remember) which might be the best. Do you have advice?

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

there are many old firmwares. I don’t know (remember) which might be the best. Do you have advice?

Try Version 1.1.2.3_552  as they updated DSL Driver about three times after, so a good midway firmware point just to see if CRC errors are still showing

lostcause
    Participant

People with many CRC errors, are you on;

• ADSL or VDSL ?
    • Uncapped line or not ?
    • Interleaved or Fast Path ?
    • G.INP available ?
    • G.vector enabled (VDSL) ?

All these things matter a lot in line noise reduction. Not the dslam brand, infineon/ broadcom.
    Post your System Log – DSL Log Line stats here if you think it will help.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by lostcause.
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

With the MediaTeK DSL chipsets, usually they struggle on long lines (VDSL) with  an attenuation over 35 dB and can be noisy also.

jonathan
    Participant

1.1.2.3_552 I tried all day did not change. snr margin fixed, only downstream crc increasing. 17a profile no g.inp and vector.

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

1.1.2.3_552 I tried all day did not change. snr margin fixed, only downstream crc increasing. 17a profile no g.inp and vector.

Shame, What is your attenuation value ?

jonathan
    Participant

14.1 dB CRC seems to have stopped increasing. Let’s see how long it takes. I think there is another factor that makes interference.

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

14.1 dB now seems to have improved. I think there is another factor that makes interference.

14dB is very good, so interesting you have high CRC’s

jonathan
    Participant

my snr margin is usually 5.9

lostcause
    Participant

If your ISP did not implement modern techniques like G.INP and.or vectoring you should be on an interleaved profile.
    System Log – DSL Log –> Path Mode

If you’re not on interleaved but on Fast Path () you need to reduce your line speed by increasing SNR Margin or call the ISP to check your line for interference or ask to be put on interleaved which causes additional latency unfortunately.

Goto  Administration – DSL Setting – VDSL settings –> Stability Adjustment
    Start with 7 dB and work up to get your line more stable.

for ADSL
    Goto  Administration – DSL Setting – common settings –> disable Dynamic Line Adjustment (DLA)
    ADSL settings –> Stability Adjustment

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.