Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

• This topic has 301 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 3 days, 5 hours ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 302 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

A little moan .

Ok, so I bend over backwards encouraging ASUS to try to support legacy products, as in this day an age, when we are in such a throwaway society and some of us are not as wealthy as others, alas somebody whom visited this forum has then complained to ASUS that if a product reaches its end of Life (EOL) why is firmware still available…….

As a result, ASUS have now decided to no longer support the DSL-N66U and others are to follow shortly.

Moan over ……….

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

From ASUS

Following EOL models also removed from earlier  Beta asuswebstorage links and any future HelpDesk support is no longer available for EOL products .

DSL-N10-C1

DSL-N12E-C1

DSL-N16U

DSL-N17U

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by UK Sentinel.

Grisu
    Participant
    • Topics 8
    • Replies 241
    • Total Posts 249
    • UKTechHub Regular

Sorry dont understand anything.

For most devices (PC, laptop and whatsoever except chinese junk) you can download firmware for many years after EoL – thats part of the game called service!

Often you will never get any update, but possible to download initial drivers and firmware.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

ASUS (DSL)  are saying no ‘New’ firmware’s for the above models will be available, Firmware (not Beta’s) will still be available for EOL products, but no new Firmware will be created/available.

Support reference is in terms of an owners raising a helpdesk call and complaining that firmware’s does not perform as expected for an EOL product,  ;-)

Taifuuni
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 4
    • Total Posts 4
    • UKTechHub Newbie

The arrogance of some people, beta is a beta. It might work 100% or maybe not. This day and age with early accesses and all, people should know the meaning of beta already. I guess I have to start shopping a replacement for my N66U then. Can I bill the caller with 150-200 €

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

And many others also effected, a lot of ASUS EOL units are now going to be effected, but at least I now know it was not you that made the call

Butterfly effect

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by UK Sentinel.

iMORT3rnAL
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 1
    • Total Posts 1
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Just noticed a bunch of “New reply for Latest Beta Firmwares…” emails in my inbox and thought “Yay, update time”… and then I opened the thread

My DSL-N55U_C1 isn’t actually listed, but I assume it will be soon. I’m just grateful for the updates that were made available up until now, thank you UK Sentinel.

jonathan
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 11
    • Total Posts 11
    • UKTechHub Regular

why 5.5.2 dsl driver is currently being used. 5.9.2.23 is available. can someone report to asus?

5.5.2 causing crc error with broadcom dslam. so is not stable.

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

why 5.5.2 dsl driver is currently being used. 5.9.2.23 is available. can someone report to asus? 5.5.2 causing crc error with broadcom dslam. so is not stable.

I will ask ASUS, how do you know 5.9.2.23 is available ? is this for specific ASUS (MediaTeK) model ?

jonathan
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 11
    • Total Posts 11
    • UKTechHub Regular

why 5.5.2 dsl driver is currently being used. 5.9.2.23 is available. can someone report to asus? 5.5.2 causing crc error with broadcom dslam. so is not stable.

How do you know 5.9.2.23 is available ? is this for specific ASUS (MediaTeK) model ?

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

I see, 5.9.2.23 relates to FwVer, the picture makes it look like xDSL / FwVer and HwVer are three different releases, and no value for xDSLFwVersion ? I assume xDSLFwVersion consists of FwVer and HwVer in the Zyxel world.

Do you know if the Zyxel vmg1312-t20b uses a MediaTeK DSL chipset ? as they seem to be generally Broadcom based ?

Update: found a video online showing the circuit board of the Zyxel vmg1312-t20b – which has a MediaTeK MT7592N

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by UK Sentinel.

kamiboy
    Participant
    • Topics 2
    • Replies 30
    • Total Posts 32
    • UKTechHub Regular

I see, 5.9.2.23 relates to FwVer, the picture makes it look like xDSL / FwVer and HwVer are three different releases, and no value for xDSLFwVersion ? I assume xDSLFwVersion consists of FwVer and HwVer in the Zyxel world. Do you know if the Zyxel vmg1312-t20b uses a MediaTeK DSL chipset ? as they seem to be generally Broadcom based ?

i agree with him i have many crc errors with asus dsl-n16

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by kamiboy.
    jonathan
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 11
    • Total Posts 11
    • UKTechHub Regular

I see, 5.9.2.23 relates to FwVer, the picture makes it look like xDSL / FwVer and HwVer are three different releases, and no value for xDSLFwVersion ? I assume xDSLFwVersion consists of FwVer and HwVer in the Zyxel world. Do you know if the Zyxel vmg1312-t20b uses a MediaTeK DSL chipset ? as they seem to be generally Broadcom based ?

yes using mediatek chipset. correct video.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by jonathan.
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

As an update, ASUS routers (DSL-N17U) use the MT7511 DSL chipset.

The ZyXEL VMG1312 T20b uses the MT7592N and the ASUS DSL-AC51 also uses the MT7511 DSL chipset

So different chipsets used by ASUS and Zyxel, hence why different DSL driver versions

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by UK Sentinel.

jonathan
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 11
    • Total Posts 11
    • UKTechHub Regular

I am using n16 with 5.5.2.11 too much crc errors and bad stability. 5.9.2.23 much better. It would be great if you could report it to Asus

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 302 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.