Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

• This topic has 229 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 8 hours ago by lostcause.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    byrallier
    Participant

400 crc in 9 days

Attachments:
    UK Sentinel

Nice stable stats and Infineon Exchange

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

lostcause
    Participant

DSL-AC51 running Beta_790 – runtime maximum of 17 days.

After 14 – 17 days runtime the router locks up and needs a HARD reset.
    Last time I looked after 16 Days, free RAM was down to 5 MB.

One other thing, the router does not power up by itself after a power outage, firmware update or memory lock-up. It just hangs.
    To get it going again I have to press and hold the reset button and power it up for 30 seconds so that it goes into to rescue mode. Power off and repeat the same, press and hold the reset button and power it up for 30 seconds.  Only then after 2 or 3 rescue mode attempts it powers up normally again. The router retains its settings.
    I have 5G radio disabled, maybe that’s causing it ?

So I ended up with a router that stops working after max 17 days, and wont boot anymore (even after a power-cycle) which is a major annoyance. ;-(

edit: new firmware is here

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by lostcause. Reason: new firmware
    lostcause
    Participant

Thanks Asus and Sentinel (for bugging Asus on FW issues) for the update

ASUS Firmware version v1.1.2.3_790 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)
    New:
    – Now supports Feedback > DSL Line Diagnostic feature(for no USB port model).

DSL:
    – VDSL WAN (PTM) QIS manual setting list updated, added Italy ISP Vodafone.
    – ADSL WAN (ATM) QIS manual setting list updated, added Lebanon ISP Ogero.

Bug fixes and enhancements:
    – Fixed possible invalid Feedback status leads to no logs download link issue(under Feedback sent failure state).
    – Fixed Web UI > invalid Android/iOS App icons issue.
    – Fine tune Feedback > Diagnostic “No USB disk plug-in” case.
    – After Feedback > DSL Line Diagnostic completed, /jffs/ related logs will be cleared to free up space.
    – Fine tune Live Update mechanism.
    – Fixed failed to work with the OpenVPN profile of Avira issue.
    – Fixed pptp client failed to work with ppp-2.4.7 module issue.
    – Fixed wrong OpenVPN server state issue.
    – OpenVPN server: update default compression to yes.
    – Fixed OpenVPN wrong type conversion/ wrong state after client run successfully issue.
    – Fixed the problem that PPPoE Username can’t use special character ‘$’.
    – Fixed various Web UI related issues.

Security:
    – protect_srv: enhanced with lock time backoff. 1) Record each IP address with fail count. 2) Add lock rule for each IP address. 3) Lock all if too many rules at a same time.

lostcause
    Participant

OK loaded Firmware version v1.1.2.3_790  onto my AC-51 and low & behold it didn’t boot again. So I found the radio 5G OFF setting was causing this. See previous post.

Firmware version v1.1.2.3_790 bugs

• 5G radio OFF while 2,4G radio ON causes AC-51 router to hang on a reboot / power-cycle. (WPS button behavior is on Toggle Radio, if that matters)
    • – System Log – General Log,  fails to load completely or does not show the the latest entries / loading partially. This is under Chrome browser.
      The webpage at https://192.168.1.1:8443/cgi-bin/status_log2.cgi might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Will update again if it makes it past 17 days runtime ;-)

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by lostcause.
    UK Sentinel

@lostcause, thanks for update news, looks like they have done a lot of work around OPENVPN and PPTP for those VPN users ;-)

Yes Radio 5G button OFF and 2.4GHz button on still seems to be an issue, I will drop ASUS another mail to ask them to have a look at also

UK Sentinel

From ASUS DSL Team

——–

DSL-AC51 – Regarding the problem that the router will fail to boot after 5G is disabled, it has been resolved. If necessary, you can provide the following beta FW for others to trial.

DSL-AC51_9.1.2.3_rev708fa_0-g8285274.trx.zip

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/4828CFBFC97A48DDA3A899AE2AE876B3Y

——-

@lostcause – hopefully this will be suitable for you ?

lostcause
    Participant

Loaded up Firmware Version:9.1.2.3_rev708fa_0 and the 5G disable boot issue is indeed resolved.

Thanks to Sentinel and the ASUS DSL Team for addressing this so quickly

UK Sentinel

@lostcause – thanks for feedback and I have informed ASUS DSL team that the 5GHz fix seems to have worked

jonathan
    Participant

Sentinel pls informed broadcom crc issue. we wait new beta new dsl driver

I will never buy asus modem again, I will sell it if the crc problem does not fix.

I’m looking at a model with openwrt support with lantiq or broadcom chip.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by jonathan.
    UK Sentinel

Sentinel pls informed broadcom crc issue. we wait new beta new dsl driver I will never buy asus modem again, I will sell it if the crc problem does not fix. I’m looking at a model with openwrt support with lantiq or broadcom chip.

Hi @jonathan – I have spoke to ASUS about Broadcom DSLAM but have not any news back from ASUS.

I think another forum member suggested use your Zyxel as bridge (modem)  and use ASUS as router until ASUS fix issues (if they ever do) ?

lostcause
    Participant

Sentinel pls informed broadcom crc issue. we wait new beta new dsl driver I will never buy asus modem again, I will sell it if the crc problem does not fix. I’m looking at a model with openwrt support with lantiq or broadcom chip.

As I understand it, you have zero/alot less errors with the ISP provided modem ?

Anyway  I have zero errors with my Asus on Broadcom exchange , 900m away.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by lostcause.
    kamiboy
    Participant

NEW Version 1.1.2.3_805 is available for DSL-N16 :

https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSL-N16/HelpDesk_BIOS/

UK Sentinel

Well spotted, hopefully will be suitable  for @jonathan

changelog = alas no DSL driver update

Version 1.1.2.3_805 2019/12/279.36 MBytesASUS DSL-N16 Firmware version v1.1.2.3_805 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)
    Bug fixes and enhancements:
    – Now supports Feedback > 12 hours Diagnostic xDSL debug log capture feature for non-USB supported models.
    – Feedback > WiFi Diagnostic feature change log file name to “WiFi.log” instead of “TCC.log”. xDSL Diagnostic log remains to be “TCC.log”.
    – Fixed VPN settings > username/password, if special character “.” used leads to connectivity issue problem.
    – Fine tuned Feedback feature.
    – Fixed various Web UI related issues.
    – Fine tuned OpenVPN Web UI.

Security:
    – Enhanced Security for specific Malware/Malicious Script protection.

kamiboy
    Participant

Well spotted, hopefully will be suitable for @jonathan changelog = alas no DSL driver update Version 1.1.2.3_805 2019/12/279.36 MBytesASUS DSL-N16 Firmware version v1.1.2.3_805 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B) Bug fixes and enhancements: – Now supports Feedback > 12 hours Diagnostic xDSL debug log capture feature for non-USB supported models. – Feedback > WiFi Diagnostic feature change log file name to “WiFi.log” instead of “TCC.log”. xDSL Diagnostic log remains to be “TCC.log”. – Fixed VPN settings > username/password, if special character “.” used leads to connectivity issue problem. – Fine tuned Feedback feature. – Fixed various Web UI related issues. – Fine tuned OpenVPN Web UI. Security: – Enhanced Security for specific Malware/Malicious Script protection.

just a minor update, main issues still persists. high CRC errors and l2tp vpn problem.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by kamiboy.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.