Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Viewing 8 posts - 346 through 353 (of 353 total)
  • Author
    MMTECH
    Participant
    • Posts 6
    • UKTechHub Recruit

So, what is the benefit of this setting? echo thing.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by MMTECH.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Like most of ASUS settings compared to say a Netgear option, you get many more  (options) to configure for a given scenario.

lcp-echo-adaptive :

When adaptive LCP echo is enabled, LCP echo requests are only sent if the link is idle (no traffic) , avoiding the common situation where a congested PPP link (e.g. during torrenting) is falsely detected as disconnected because the LCP replies are not received in time.

LCP echo requests :

An LCP Echo Request are sent once every (x) seconds imposes minimal overhead, but allows for rapid detection of connection failure. One or two consecutive failures will happen from time to time with such a short interval, but 4 in a row almost guarantees the connection has failed.

In simple English – PPP Echo will send an LCP echo-request frame to the peer every ‘n’ seconds. Under Linux, the echo-request is sent when no packets have been received from the peer for (n) seconds. Normally the peer should respond to the echo-request by sending an echo-reply.

If Internet Detection is set to disabled and DSL link drops, you will  lose DSL connectivity and access to internet will be lost (always keep Internet Detection Enabled/PPP Echo). I believe (never tested this myself)

Just A good way to help diagnose/verify if you have a stable DSL connection but can be troublesome under heavy load hence why ‘lcp-echo-adaptive’ is useful in certain situations

https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/dsl-modem-and-router-technical-terms-and-abbreviations-etc/

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Ok, so I spoke with ASUS regarding various 5GHz wifi issues and ASUS have asked the following in relation to their MediaTek based DSL Modem Routers

‘Factory reset router and rebuild config from scratch, not back-up file’

If their problem will occur within 24 hours, ask them to submit a Feedback form with “DSL Line / Wi-Fi Diagnostic *” option set as “Wi-Fi 5GHz” and “Diagnostic debug log capture duration” set as the time you think the problem will occur. (e.g. “24 hours”)

When sending Feedback, place in comments / message box in first line UK Sentinel so they can find feedback form more easily ;-)

Have fun

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 10
    • UKTechHub Regular

Ok, so I spoke with ASUS regarding various 5GHz wifi issues and ASUS have asked the following in relation to their MediaTek based DSL Modem Routers ‘Factory reset router and rebuild config from scratch, not back-up file’ If their problem will occur within 24 hours, ask them to submit a Feedback form with “DSL Line / Wi-Fi Diagnostic *” option set as “Wi-Fi 5GHz” and “Diagnostic debug log capture duration” set as the time you think the problem will occur. (e.g. “24 hours”) When sending Feedback, place in comments / message box in first line UK Sentinel so they can find feedback form more easily ;-) Have fun

I sent tens of feedback with Dsl capture and added note as “to diagnostic” to the comment section before. If it would help, fyi.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

ASUS as you can imagine receive many thousands of feedback forms every day, this time when you send a feedback form with the UK Sentinel added, the form will be directed to a dedicated engineer specifically for these 5GHz wifi issues.

This time they are listening

Ivo Perego
    Participant
    • Posts 2
    • UKTechHub Recruit

Hello guys,

what is the latest beta firmware supported by DSL-N66U?

I read the whole thread, and the latest link I found for the N66U is v9.1.2.3_790-g61d41b5.

Is the 2020_10_07_v9.1.2.3_886-g42a8ba5 supported by N66U? If yes, where can I download it?

I can’t find N66U in the list at the link provided:

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/folder/LTc5LDIyNjUwNjY5MyxzZ2QwMS5hc3Vzd2Vic3RvcmFnZS5jb20%3D

Thank you very much.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Yes, ASUS stopped supporting the DSL-N66U back in 2019 and the latest firmware I have for the DSL-N66U is    –    DSL-N66U_v9.1.2.3_790-g61d41b5

If you want this firmware, see link below where you can request a copy

ASUS DSL Legacy (EOL) Firmwares

Ivo Perego
    Participant
    • Posts 2
    • UKTechHub Recruit

Thanks a lot! 

Viewing 8 posts - 346 through 353 (of 353 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.