Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 404 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

thanks Sentinel, I am going to test with mine. (ac55u)

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

aising
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

Update link as follows: 2020_12_04_v9.1.2.3_906-g96e2b5b https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/169819C89B2842A0A1C8397F628A2B22Y Note: I will amend above posts to reflect this new link and not all the usual models have been updated ? See attachment below for list of updated DSL (MediaTeK) units

Is this a stable version or a beta version? I don’t see it available on the website or in the router update page yet. Any changelog? Thanks!

Edit: I’ve just seen it in the first message. I read only the second one. Beta and changelog. I’ll test the lcp-echo-adaptive feature once the stable version is released.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by aising.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

@aising – good testers for these beta firmware’s are always very welcomed @ UKTechhub.com

lecoq
    Participant
    • Posts 5
    • Recruit

I’m on official 1.1.2.3_858 after several betas. I must say that this is the most stable version so far. My AC750 had always problems since day 1.

The admin panel would stop responding less than a day after each restart, 5 Ghz wifi was generally undiscoverable. No problems after this firmware. But 5Ghz offers unstable speeds, between 40-65 Mbps after each speed test (wired speed is 80 tops).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

I’m on official 1.1.2.3_858 after several betas. I must say that this is the most stable version so far. My AC750 had always problems since day 1. The admin panel would stop responding less than a day after each restart, 5 Ghz wifi was generally undiscoverable. No problems after this firmware. But 5Ghz offers unstable speeds, between 40-65 Mbps after each speed test (wired speed is 80 tops).

Good to hear, do you use any form of QoS with your AC750 ?

lecoq
    Participant
    • Posts 5
    • Recruit

I had been using Smart QoS of the router, and noticed that it was the reason of my capped speed and then I disabled it. My contract speed had been upgraded for free during the pandemic and I didn’t notice any speed increase for months, blaming my ISP, but it turned out that previous QoS settings had been limiting the speed. My 5 Ghz speed is a bit faster than ethernet connection.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

I had been using Smart QoS of the router, and noticed that it was the reason of my capped speed and then I disabled it. My contract speed had been upgraded for free during the pandemic and I didn’t notice any speed increase for months, blaming my ISP, but it turned out that previous QoS settings had been limiting the speed. My 5 Ghz speed is a bit faster than ethernet connection.

Sounds good

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

This FW is bad. I can’t enter modem UI via wireless, just stays in loop. I can’t connect 5Ghz directly, i have to click “connect” at least three times, when i launch my pc.

What model is your DSL Router so I can ask ASUS if they have any reported problems with this latest firmware ?

same here I am going to revert to latest release. this fw is suck :)

@byrallier
    – Did you mange to send ASUS a feedback form regarding 5GHz issues, I ask as ASUS  have just asked for clarity on this problem ?

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

Yes, I sent a few feedback with Wi-Fi Logs in the first week when they released beta. I am not sure those are enough to handle issues but I have an internet connection issue for 1 month, the service provider is driving me too crazy. So, I couldn’t provide more diagnostic after the factory reset the modem.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

Yes, I sent a few feedback with Wi-Fi Logs in the first week when they released beta. I am not sure those are enough to handle issues but I have an internet connection issue for 1 month, the service provider is driving me too crazy. So, I couldn’t provide more diagnostic after the factory reset the modem.

@byrallier
    – Can I pass onto ASUS your email address so they can look through the mails to find your feedback , I am assuming your registered email address for this forum is the same you have used for feedbacks ?

Thanks

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

yes you can share with them. it’s same mail and I though you are working with them at first stage when I registered to here and I have added my mail address to all feedbacks.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

yes you can share with them. it’s same mail and I though you are working with them at first stage when I registered to here and I have added my mail address to all feedbacks.

I will pass on your details to ASUS, have a great New Year

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

Latest DSL ASUSWRT Beta Firmware v9.1.2.3_925-g93a8d29 now available, release note as follows.

(Note; ASUS Beta Firmware T&C’s apply)

Changelog:

– Added ‘G.INP Stability Adjustment’ option for DSL Setting > VDSL section.

– Firmware Live Update enhancements adopted.

– Web UI related fixes.

2021_01_19_v9.1.2.3_925-g93a8d29

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/xxxxxxxxxxx

Edit, link disabled as users are reporting issues with Live Update Enhancements caused router to automatically upgade to last Stable firmware available via update servers

• This reply was modified 2 days, 23 hours ago by UK Sentinel. Reason: Firmware upgrade link removed

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

Latest DSL ASUSWRT Beta Firmware v9.1.2.3_925-g93a8d29 now available, release note as follows. (Note; ASUS Beta Firmware T&C’s apply) Changelog: – Added ‘G.INP Stability Adjustment’ option for DSL Setting > VDSL section. – Firmware Live Update enhancements adopted. – Web UI related fixes. 2021_01_19_v9.1.2.3_925-g93a8d29 https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/xxxxxxxx

Updated the latest one, but I want to understand What’s for this G.INP Stability Adjustment and What should be it’s value?

Edit, link disabled as users are reporting issues with Live Update Enhancements caused router to automatically upgade to last Stable firmware available via update servers (UK Sentinel)

• This reply was modified 2 days, 23 hours ago by UK Sentinel. Reason: Firmware Update link removed (Admin)
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2469
    • Skipper

I will ask ASUS for clarity.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.