ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 974 total)
  • Author
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Hi UK Sentinel, it is very sad that asus has blocked access to telnet. Is it possible for you to share with me the firmware with telnet enabled? Thank you.

PM Sent

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi UK Sentinel, it is very sad that asus has blocked access to telnet. Is it possible for you to share with me the firmware with telnet enabled? Thank you.

PM Sent

Thank you very much!

camaran
    Participant

any news for new firmware version?

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Last contact with ASUS I had they was suggesting December for next Firmware release, I plan to ask again in a couple of weeks, just to remind them we are all waiting (patiently) 

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

As an update on DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 /DSL-AC3100 Annex B  Firmware progress, I spoke with ASUS this morning and unfortunately it appears that no new firmware will be available this side of Xmas.

Sorry all, I no longer ask why ‘life is to short’

KingfisherUKKingfisherUK
    Participant

As an update on DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 /DSL-AC3100 Annex B Firmware progress, I spoke with ASUS this morning and unfortunately it appears that no new firmware will be available this side of Xmas.

Why can’t they just be honest and say they are abandoning this model and have no intention of releasing any more updates for it? This pointless dragging things out helps no-one and just devalues the brand further (if that is even possible now).

camaran
    Participant

for 200 eur of reason :-D

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

I would be surprised if ASUS abandon these models, I just guess they are a low priority and are having issues obtaining decent code blobs from chipset manufacturers etc.

But I do agree, the DSL-AC88U and others had there moment and  owners/new customers should look elsewhere.

Not defending ASUS, but Netgear with the XR500 (DumaOS) are as poor as ASUS DSL with  updates. (all  a poor service really)

pavlf
    Participant

I’m not surprised at all. I won’t be going to ASUS again for a router. I doubt they care about what we all think though. They are a huge company and seemingly can afford to upset a few people. I had similar experiences with the dsl ac55u. I won’t be dong it again.

Meanwhile, I have to admit to defeat in the contest with jetspeed. My 88u fell over last night after only 20 or so days – no internet, router inaccessible, had to reboot. It seems like the 100+ days up was a rare occurrence.

hackenbacker
    Participant

I just guess they are a low priority and are having issues obtaining decent code blobs from chipset manufacturers etc.

That is a possibility. Although it’s a Broadcom chipset, and you think that they might be better than that.

But more to the point, even if they can’t fix everything because of driver limitations, you would think there are other parts of the firmware that should have received fixes/improvements over this time. I also own an RT-AC66U, and that has had three firmware updates this year to fix vulnerabilities, whilst the DSL-AC88U…

Speaking of the AC66U, despite having a quarter of the power of the AC88U, it’s more responsive – even when all the AiProtection, sharing, etc. is turned off on the AC88U, and the AC66U is sharing a USB disk.

In theory the DSL-AC88U should be a great product, but Asus’s support is putting me off buying any Asus product ever again.

Mrk26
    Participant

Maybe they are struggle with compile openwrt fw which is actually on DSL-AC88U :P
    They should get all necessary drivers from broadcom as they pay for it already before they use broadcom chipset, so I don’t buy this as an issue.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Mrk26.
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

The Netgear D7000 v1 also has the Broadcom (63138) chipset and had real issues, Netgear D7000 v2  introduced  the Intel (Lantiq) VRX318. for DSL

I assume under the deal they have with Broadcom, they are allowed so many changes, or have to pay for changes to firmware blobs, so I guess this is why (maybe) the releases are slower with this chipset ?.

But yes, they should do much better, even if it was just updates to security/vulnerabilities etc.

sirnom
    Participant

yes

Hi UK Sentinel,

Could I bother you to please link me the telnet firmware for the below router?

Product ID
    DSL-AC3100
    DSL Driver Version
    A2pvfbH043q.d27b
    Firmware Version
    v1.10.06 build591 Dec. 4, 2018

Trying to install entware on it.

Thanks and warm regards,

Daniel

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Hi @sirnom I have PM’d you.

Mrk26
    Participant

I’m not surprised at all. I won’t be going to ASUS again for a router. I doubt they care about what we all think though. They are a huge company and seemingly can afford to upset a few people. I had similar experiences with the dsl ac55u. I won’t be dong it again. Meanwhile, I have to admit to defeat in the contest with jetspeed. My 88u fell over last night after only 20 or so days – no internet, router inaccessible, had to reboot. It seems like the 100+ days up was a rare occurrence.

This must be best running time for this model, my died after 19 days, will keep monitoring on that matter and if my will keep performing like that it will be back and I will not agree for replacement, I paid 215 pounds for decent modem-router and clearly this is not the one unfortunately….

I already started looking for something else, something what will work out of the box with broadcom chipset for vdsl as this is the key on ny line compared to lantiq, broadcom sync 4MB faster.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 974 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.