ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Viewing 14 posts - 961 through 974 (of 974 total)
  • Author
    Mrk26
    Participant

I doubt that this command will save cap in modem settings. If you type bcm_xdslctl profile –show, it’s actually show current vdsl settings so nothing to do with cap? Most likely type of connection, vectoring, g.inp etc… and these settings you can save with bcm_xdslctl profile–save, but not cap?

• This reply was modified 2 days, 7 hours ago by Mrk26.
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

xdslctl profile –save (worth a try)

I assume the other commands work – xdslctl profile [–show] [–save] [–restore] etc.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Mrk26
    Participant

Some of the settings showed with command profile– show, can’t be changed so there is no really point to save profile as the one which are needed may not be restored properly, and every time profile is restored it will cause lost of connection, so I personally will avoid those to not upset DLM with frequent disconnections. Maybe is worth to look into case why router need to be rebooted so frequently? If there is a cap in place reboots should be avoided to prove line stability.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 5 hours ago by Mrk26.
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

I will dig out my DSL-AC88U tomorrow and have a play with the cmd – “xdslctl profile –save”

Would be interested if it does help @black bird

Mrk26
    Participant

Can’t believe you still keep it :-D

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Can’t believe you still keep it :-D

Makes a great door stop

GrisuGrisu
    Participant

There is a possibility on Asus routers with stock firmware to start scripts from attached USB-stick.

Search in SNB forum for RT-AC68U stock firmware USB start script, you should find some threads about it how to do. Will be same on DSL tpyes.

Black BirdBlack Bird
    Participant

then it gives the result

/ # bcm_xdslctl profile –save

bcm_xdslctl  –save is only supported from Linux404 on ward

• This reply was modified 2 days, 1 hour ago by Black BirdBlack Bird.
    krvi
    Participant

There is a possibility on Asus routers with stock firmware to start scripts from attached USB-stick. Search in SNB forum for RT-AC68U stock firmware USB start script, you should find some threads about it how to do. Will be same on DSL tpyes.

I have not found the script_usbmount nvram variable, which I believe you are referring to, in the DSL-AC88U.

I do not know about the jffs2_exec nvram variable.

GrisuGrisu
    Participant
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

I assume the other commands work – xdslctl profile [–show] [–save] [–restore] etc.

Yes, just tried it myself, and also receive the same message – (is only supported from Linux404 on ward)

But bcm_xdslctl profile –show works correctly

Mrk26
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>From my previous experience only settings which are in administration / dsl settings can be easily changed plus speed cap, when I tried change something else simply doesn’t work…</p>
    Not sure if all because of fw or could be that broadcom blocked some as well.

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

<p style=”text-align: left;”>From my previous experience only settings which are in administration / dsl settings can be easily changed plus speed cap, when I tried change something else simply doesn’t work…</p> Not sure if all because of fw or could be that broadcom blocked some as well.

That was my thought, I believe Telnet commands are intentionally very limited for these Diagnostic/debug firmware’s.

Mrk26
    Participant

Yes, looks like it, why users should be able to make this router working properly :-D

Viewing 14 posts - 961 through 974 (of 974 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.