ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

wow 77-78% hmmm bit high no? wondering if should get the AX86U now and modem instead….. doesn’t seem much room left in ram… Kev

ASUS do run high in regards to Memory usage and it does have the Modem also. I would be worried at 90% for an ASUS, especailly if using a VPN ? but 80% is Ok,

As we have said before, early days in term of Firmware maturity ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Trainzer
    Participant
    • Posts 6
    • Recruit

Once I enabled Traffic Analyzer and QoS the RAM usage went up. It was the same with my old DSL-AC68U.

vitt13
    Participant
    • Posts 15
    • Regular

wow 77-78% hmmm bit high no? wondering if should get the AX86U now and modem instead….. doesn’t seem much room left in ram… Kev

Mine has 55% with 5 devices connected 4 WiFi + Lan PC, today after 6 hours only 4 MB increase, just make sure to deactivate unnecessary servers like FTP or SAMBA if you don’t really need it, by the way I deactivated AiProtection as well because I rely only on Kaspersky Internet security, so “kev2021” don’t worry about RAM

Attachments:
    vitt13
    Participant
    • Posts 15
    • Regular
    Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 388
    • Addict

from Sweden: https://www.dustinhome.se/product/5011209508/dsl-ax82u-ax5400-dual-band-wifi-6-xdsl-modem-router?ssel=false

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

Good to see there are different locations to buy a DSL-AX82U in Europe, as  i said at the start, the DSL-AX82U is more aimed at the European markets, and availability only in Europe is proving this

Black Bird
    Participant
    • Posts 24
    • Regular

My modem arrived today and I started using it, but I don’t like the high RAM usage. 512 MB of RAM is not enough :(

Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

My modem arrived today and I started using it, but I don’t like the high RAM usage. 512 MB of RAM is not enough :(

I agree,, that is using to much RAM what version firmware are you using ? are you using AiProtection, AiMesh or a VPN ?

Black Bird
    Participant
    • Posts 24
    • Regular

only AiProtection is active

Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_42438     (3.0.0.4.386_42438-g045583a)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Black Bird.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

only AiProtection is active Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_42438 (3.0.0.4.386_42438-g045583a)

When you have time, could you disable AiProtection and re-boot rooter, just to see if AiProtection is causing problem, After re-boot, leave router with AiProtection Off for 1 hour,  then if memory usage is lower 70-80% then we know AiProtection is problem and I can inform ASUS

After test, re-enable AiProtection if you wish and did the RAM usage increase over time ?

SL
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

Received this item last week and generally very very happy with it .Unit is on latest FW (20/4/2021) but i am now having to reset router  AGAIN.This will be 5th time i will have to reset the unit

Issue i am having is  – I am creating a unique username and password as the norm – Ai protection showing up as Green

But if i do not log back into the unit for say 2 or 3 days  – it totally forgets the sign in details….

Also the captcha doesnt seem to be working either ??

Also in Ai Protection  – even though i turn off UpNp it only shows up as orange / yellow  (Not Green)

Or is there another menu i have to go to  – to change aswell ??

SL
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

Please ignore the above post from me – Seems to be issues with my dsl line

But the Ai Pro is still showing Orange/Yeloow when surely it should be Green when certain items are showing that they are off

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

Please ignore the above post from me – Seems to be issues with my dsl line But the Ai Pro is still showing Orange/Yeloow when surely it should be Green when certain items are showing that they are off

No problem, I will ask ASUS regarding the UPnP and AiProtction showing Yellow and get them to add it to there debug list.

BTW – what is you DSL-AX82U RAM /Memory usage with AiProtection enabled ?

SL
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

My Ram usage with Ai Pro turned on is 363mb 71% total ram used

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3037
    • Skipper

My Ram usage with Ai Pro turned on is 363mb 71% total ram used

@black-bird
    is noticing they have 94% RAM usage with AiProtection ?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com