Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

• This topic has 229 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 8 hours ago by lostcause.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel

@uk-sentinel new driver more successful than older, I have been connected for 21 hours. I got much less crc error. there is going well. Firmware Version: v9.1.2.3_828 DSL Driver Version, FwVer:5.6.36.0_A_A60901

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

byrallier
    Participant

I don’t know why but My wifis have experienced unstable connection with the latest update

DSL-AC55U

v9.1.2.3_828

• This reply was modified 5 days ago by byrallier.
    UK Sentinel

I don’t know why but My wifis have experienced unstable connection with the latest update DSL-AC55U v9.1.2.3_828

That is odd, as the changelog makes no mention of any wifi updates, what version of firmware was you running previously ?

If a much older version, maybe worth a factory reset and configure from scratch to see if issue remains ?

Hopefully other DSL-AC55U owners can add value/comment

• This reply was modified 4 days, 23 hours ago by UK Sentinel.

lostcause
    Participant

Thank you Sentinel & Asus, great update ! Curious to see if this FW will make it past 6 days uptime. Fingers crossed ;-)

Let us know how it goes

Still cant make it past 6 days without a reboot. Free mem drops to 4MB before each reboot.
    Seems no one else has this issue ?, so I have enabled the 5G radio with default settings to see if that might help to get it past 6 days.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 14 hours ago by lostcause.
    UK Sentinel

Under System Log – General Log and DSL Log, are the uptimes the same – I cannot remember but if the times are the same then probable as you say a  Memory usage problem, caused by a service like wifi or AiProtection (if applicable) etc.

Is the router doing anything special, like handling lots of wifi clients / VPN ?

• This reply was modified 4 days, 8 hours ago by UK Sentinel.

lostcause
    Participant

Under System Log – General Log and DSL Log, are the uptimes the same – I cannot remember but if the times are the same then probable as you say a Memory usage problem, caused by a service like wifi or AiProtection (if applicable) etc. Is the router doing anything special, like handling lots of wifi clients / VPN ?

Uptimes are the same, it just konks out every 6 days with around 4MB free memory.
    The router load is light (2-4 clients) and I am almost running default settings. No VPN, no Telnet , no UPnP.
    I am pinging the router every second over ethernet to keep my powerline adapter alive, but I assume this wont matter.

UK Sentinel

Are CRC values reasonable ?

show us your DSL log / status page if u can ?

lostcause
    Participant

Thanks Sentinel,

CRC is always 0/0 (capped VDSL line 5 MBit/3 MBit)
    Never had it running for more than 14 days without a reboot, but the latest FW’s last only 6 days.
    Must be some setting I use, or its just a firmware memory leak.
    Have enabled 5G again and disabled time settings, will see if that helps first.

UK Sentinel

Are you sure that it is VDSL (PTM) or should it be ADSL (ATM) as your synch / capped speed is low ?

PPPoE / PPPoA

Good luck with testing

lostcause
    Participant

Are you sure that it is VDSL (PTM) or should it be ADSL (ATM) as your synch / capped speed is low ? PPPoE / PPPoA Good luck with testing

I understand why you would think that ;-) See screenshot.
    Very happy with the AC51 router so far, except for this reboot / memory leak issue.

The last to syslog entries just before it reboots after ~6 days.

2020-03-24 22:00:34 [Informational] kernel: MTPciPollTxRxEmpty
    2020-03-24 22:00:35 [Informational] kernel: br0: port 6(ra1) entering forwarding state

UK Sentinel

you do have an INP-SHINE issue, https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/dsl-modem-and-router-technical-terms-and-abbreviations-etc/

Some models have the option for ESNP under DSL Settings (enhanced sudden noise protection) is this ON ?

lostcause
    Participant

Some models have the option for ESNP under DSL Settings (enhanced sudden noise protection) is this ON ?

It’s on default through DLA. Have some noise spikes on the line.

lostcause
    Participant

Switched ESNP to stable. Lower training speed as expected.
    I think the INP settings are set (too high) by the DSLAM.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 5 hours ago by lostcause.
    Attachments:
    UK Sentinel

Alas the MediaTek DSL chipsets in these routers are very sensitive and you have a noisy line

Just for testing, disable G.inp and reboot router, if after a say or so nothing looks any better, then disable UPBO as in UK. this has caused massive problems for others users at exchanges/dslams on upstream transmit signal strength.

——–

UPBO – Upstream Power Back Off

Very high-speed digital subscriber line (VDSL) upstream data transmission in a distributed environment will suffer from relatively strong far-end crosstalk generated by the shorter lines in the binder. This effect can dramatically reduce the upstream capacity on longer lines. To secure the capacity on lines of all lengths, shorter lines will be required to systematically reduce their transmit power. This power reduction is known as (upstream) power backoff (PBO or UPBO)

——-

lostcause
    Participant

Disabled G.INP but adds 30ms to my latency due to ridiculous interleaved settings.

Also added pic of ISP modem, its on 35b profile which I cannot choose on the AC51. Purchased it before they switched to VDSL.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.