Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

This topic contains 103 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
  • Author

blackgear25
    Participant

samba and ftp server is enabled. i just closed and free ram go to 18 mb :)

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

samba and ftp server is enabled. i just closed and free ram go to 18 mb 🙂

;-)

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Taifuuni
    Participant

I suppose DSL driver is also included in the firmware but just to make sure, is 5.4.11.32_A_TC3095 the latest for DSL-N66U? HwVer:T14.F7_0.0.

I’m on v9.1.2.3_743-gf5b4545 firmware.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I suppose DSL driver is also included in the firmware but just to make sure, is 5.4.11.32_A_TC3095 the latest for DSL-N66U? HwVer:T14.F7_0.0. I’m on v9.1.2.3_743-gf5b4545 firmware.

I spoke with ASUS and they say, no DSL driver update was included with latest release

Taifuuni
    Participant

I suppose DSL driver is also included in the firmware but just to make sure, is 5.4.11.32_A_TC3095 the latest for DSL-N66U? HwVer:T14.F7_0.0. I’m on v9.1.2.3_743-gf5b4545 firmware.

I spoke with ASUS and they say, no DSL driver update was included with latest release

Thank you for clarifying! I was just wondering because that DSL driver has been around from 2015 and it seems then that ASUS has not updated it since.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I did not realise that, I will clarify that with ASUS also as this does seem most unusual….

Edit: just looked thru the changelogs of the firmware’s I have, and

[MT751x] xDSL Driver updated – v5.5.2.11_20190226 (March 2019)  (v9.1.2.3_676)

[MT751x] xDSL driver updated: v5.5.2.10. (August 2018) (firmware v9.1.2.3_502-g2bdb05b)

But can gain no clarity from changelog around if actually the DSL FwVersion changed.

Hopefully another DSL-N66U user has noticed the same and can comment ?

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

babis3g i found you finally lol. i am search you almost 1 year need new firmware for dsl n66u thanks man love you <3. can you add celsius things for info panel ? 🙂

MediaTeK via ASUS have asked me to produce a business justification case to support the request for a way to monitor the MediaTeK core CPU and Wifi temperatures, I have just completed this and will let you know if MediaTeK will allow this option? Such fun 😉

I have spoken with ASUS and unfortunately for their MediaTek based DSL Modem/Router combo’s, there is no way currently to monitor the core CPU temp and ASUS also have no plans to add this feature into future firmware’s UI. “would cause to many support calls reading between the lines”

If you wish to check Wifi chipset temps, this can be achieved via Telnet/SSH with below commands.

——————————-

There is currently no way to monitor the temperature of the CPU, and as for the temperature of the WiFi, you can monitor it with the following commands.

WiFi 2.4GHz:

Command: iwpriv ra0 set get_thermal_sensor=0

Return value: Hexadecimal value in degrees Celsius.

E.g.

# iwpriv ra0 set get_thermal_sensor=0

Set_themal_sensor: ThemalSensor = 0x32

==> Indicates that the temperature is 50 degrees Celsius.

WiFi 5GHz: (only for DSL-AC52U/DSL-AC55U/DSL-AC56U)

Command: iwpriv rai0 stat

Return value: The field “Current temperature” will display the current temperature in degrees Celsius.

E.g.

# iwpriv rai0 stat

rai0      stat:

Current temperature = 57℃

==> Indicates that the temperature is 57 degrees Celsius.

————————————-

‘I tried and failed ;-(

Taifuuni
    Participant

I did not realise that, I will clarify that with ASUS also as this does seem most unusual…. Edit: just looked thru the changelogs of the firmware’s I have, and [MT751x] xDSL Driver updated – v5.5.2.11_20190226 (March 2019) (v9.1.2.3_676) [MT751x] xDSL driver updated: v5.5.2.10. (August 2018) (firmware v9.1.2.3_502-g2bdb05b)But can gain no clarity from changelog around if actually the DSL FwVersion changed. Hopefully another DSL-N66U user has noticed the same and can comment ?

Thank you for trying!

I installed both of those firmwares even though I have used them in the past. Driver version still stayed the same.

If someone else using N66U could also comment what is their DSL version at the moment.

Empyrium
    Participant

Thank you for trying!

I installed both of those firmwares even though I have used them in the past. Driver version still stayed the same.

If someone else using N66U could also comment what is their DSL version at the moment.

N66U user here. I’m also on v9.1.2.3_743-gf5b4545 firmware.

And checked my DSL version and looks like mine is same as yours.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Empyrium.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I will ask ASUS for clarity around FwVersion ?

Update: I spoke with ASUS and they say, more recent units with MT751x based chipsets have been updated, but the DSL-N16U has been stable (mature – their wording) for a while so no change required.

As always, if any issues, send them a feedback form and explain issues ;-)

hybrid
    Participant

Hi I am using an asus DSL-N66U and having just recently found this site I have swapped from the standard 1.1.1.3 firmware to 9.1.2.3_743, I just checked and it is running:

FwVer:5.4.11.32_A_TC3095

definitely not any 5.5.x firmware revision on N66U.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  hybrid.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

The DSL-N66U is even older than the DSL-N16U and hence also no recent FwVer updades I would assume

I used to have one many years ago and it uses Ralink chipset (now owned by MediaTeK) but is probable being given less attention from a drivers/support perspective.

hybrid
    Participant

Oh sorry I mis-read one of the previous posts I thought it was implying the 66U *should* have had a newer firmware not should not have had.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Oh sorry I mis-read one of the previous posts I thought it was implying the 66U *should* have had a newer firmware not should not have had.

;-)

blackgear25
    Participant

thank you for trying man :) <3

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.