ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

This topic contains 396 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by jetspeed jetspeed 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I spoke with ASUS today and they say, they plan to hopefully release late next week a Formal (official) Firmware Version for the DSL-AC88U, DSL-AC3100 and the DSL-AC88U Annex B, which will be available by there download servers/website.

This will include the latest Memory leak fix, Wifi patches from Broadcom etc, any more than that I do not know currently

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

KingfisherUK
    KingfisherUK
    Participant

I spoke with ASUS today and they say, they plan to hopefully release late next week a Formal (official) Firmware Version for the DSL-AC88U, DSL-AC3100 and the DSL-AC88U Annex B, which will be available by there download servers/website. This will include the latest Memory leak fix, Wifi patches from Broadcom etc, any more than that I do not know currently

Thanks @UK Sentinel, that’s great news. Hopefully they’ve fixed the BT IPv6 /64 prefix issue as well…

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@KingfisherUK – I will ask regarding /56 /64, what issues are you noticing, DHCP from ISP? or just multiple LAN’s etc on you home/business environment which is easier with the /56

KingfisherUK
    KingfisherUK
    Participant

The /64 isn’t the worst part; whenever you enable IPv6 the WiFi becomes totally unstable – constantly dropping and reconnecting on all devices.

I know it’s definitely the AC88U at fault as I had it working fine with an RT-AC68U running Merlin and I’ve reported it via the feedback form but no response from Asus.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I am on PlusNet and have been waiting for them to go IPv6, but have now given up and switching to BT Monday and IPv6.

Do you think the wifi disconnects are IPV6/64 related (DHCP) or a separate unrelated issue?

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@kingfisheruk  – spoke with ASUS and they say no IPv6 /56 fix, infact ASUS say a user from UK has advised on the below approach could work.

IPV6 – switch auto-config to disabled (Connection type also DISABLED)

KingfisherUK
    KingfisherUK
    Participant

Mine runs fine with just the Basic Config/Connection Type set to Disable – no need to disable the Auto Configuration/Enable Router Advertisement setting. The big thing is, you get no IPv6 as it’s disabled 😉

Interestingly, I even tried configuring a Hurricane Electric IPv6 tunnel service and got the same disconnect issues, so it appears more related to the IPv6 service itself than the /64 issue.

Would be curious to know if anyone has IPv6 running correctly.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Mine runs fine with just the Basic Config/Connection Type set to Disable – no need to disable the Auto Configuration/Enable Router Advertisement setting. The big thing is, you get no IPv6 as it’s disabled 😉 Interestingly, I even tried configuring a Hurricane Electric IPv6 tunnel service and got the same disconnect issues, so it appears more related to the IPv6 service itself than the /64 issue. Would be curious to know if anyone has IPv6 running correctly.

I plan next week to use my Fritz!Box 3490 to set-up IPv6 (for the training period) and then will plug in my DSL-AC88U to see how that handles with IPv6 and will let you know

Mharv
    Participant

Hi Sentinel, was a member on asus site which is closed down, using dsl-ac88u from start.

running build 585, after build 546, still had to enable Traffic Manager>Enable Smart QOS and set 18 mb upload to view IPTV HD BT Sport without issue, but had no wifi access, known problem,

then inputted settings for PureVPN dedicated IP address for PureVPN in router VPN>VPN Client using UK Pure VPN servers for PPTP in router settings, activated and established Blue Tick and connection, both router DSL Link Up and VDSL Connected both Green Icons, however had no internet access, same time router LAN ports all disabled so i could not access asus GUI on PC using 192.168.1.1 tried different lan ports for the PC no luck, then tried WiFi connection using asus 68 usb wifi module connected to PC and ethernet cable disconnected, but Windows stated limited conectivity no access to Asus GUI 192.168.1.1… router at this time had all the correct leds lit, wifi, dsl link, internet… but nothing… so i could not access the router, now i have had the Asus app Discovery on iphone 7 and tried accessing router with 5 Ghz which allowed access to settings, went to Adminstration>Restore/Save/Upload Setting>Factory Default and clicked Restore.

Luckily it worked and Build 585 is up and running on PC, set all settings for Plusnet and Youview TV using QIS and have full Youview and Wifi when running IPTV with Traffic Manager>Enable Smart QOS and Upload of 18 mb. At present BT Sport HD is running, Amazon Prime music streaming to Echo … which had never worked together, Wifi always dropping out on both frequencies 2.4 and 5 ghz, also black vue live working 900S streaming  using home wifi hotspot… both Netflix 4k and Prime Video work without issue.. just IPTV Plusnet HD having to enable Traffic Monitor and set upload to 18 mb.

Seems the Restore Factory Default has mad a Big Difference, never used it before in all this time,

must have different settings, configs… to be honest the router has not been this good since i purchased it, just a shame i have never really got the VPN to work with PureVPN, great site by the way.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Hi @Mharv – glad you like the site and I have an update from ASUS today to say they are now releasing the official (Stock) firmware at the end  of the month, alas not sure what it might consist of exactly, but will be chasing them next week for details.

The Factory reset for beta585 does seem to help as another user on my other forum (WhatsYourRouter.com) which is closing shortly, had printer issues, but a factory reset resolved his /hers issues also.

ASUS VIP closing was such a shame, so much good history for reference, now lost, 😉

For PureVPN issues, send a feedback form as there maybe something they can advise upon or have a specific beta firmware to assist?

Nyzlia
    Participant

Hi, anyone had any issues with the 2.4GHz band on build 585? mine seemed to of died, LED out on the modem but in settings the radio is enabled and logs display it as 0 degrees, tried factory resetting and downgrading firmware, is there a way to clear nvram on this modem? or is this a hardware issue? i hope not.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Hi, anyone had any issues with the 2.4GHz band on build 585? mine seemed to of died, LED out on the modem but in settings the radio is enabled and logs display it as 0 degrees, tried factory resetting and downgrading firmware, is there a way to clear nvram on this modem? or is this a hardware issue? i hope not.

Try – press the reset button for 5 seconds while the router is on, or turn it on with the WPS button pressed, wait 10 secs, then release it. Either procedure should also clear nvram. I have not tried this myself so let us know if it works so I can create a sticky with it.

Very unlikely to be hardware, also try flashing and factory resetting firmware twice, as sometimes this helps?

Nyzlia
    Participant

Try – press the reset button for 5 seconds while the router is on, or turn it on with the WPS button pressed, wait 10 secs, then release it. Either procedure should also clear nvram. I have not tried this myself so let us know if it works so I can create a sticky with it. Very unlikely to be hardware.

Thanks, yeh i did try holding the WPS button while turning on the modem as this clears nvram on ASUS routers but didn’t seem to do anything on the DSL AC3100, i also tried holding the reset button while turning it on, not sure what this did but it wouldn’t continue to boot until i turned the modem off and on again, was hoping to get into recovery mode because if i remember there is a clear nvram in recovery too, also did hold the reset button while modem on (factory reset?) not sure if this clears nvram?

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Have a read on below link, this may assit?

https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/rmerlin-asuswrt-merlin-firmware-and-the-asus-dsl-ac68u-pppoe/

Also fFor factory reset with initialise (if available) should  delete NVRAM, or press reset button while on, or press WPS button while powering on and hold 15s at least.

Just use the ASUS DSL-AC3100 firmware (recovery) instead? (if it exists) for recovery mode?

EDIT: added this as found this also.

Clearing NVRAM via key presses:
    Power off the Router (ASUS).
    Press and hold down the WPS button.
    While holding the WPS button, plug in the power cable to turn Router on.
    Keep holding the WPS button for 30 seconds before releasing The router should reboot.
    The NVRAM should now be cleared.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel.

Nyzlia
    Participant

Should any lights be on when in recovery mode? when holding the reset button and powering on no lights come on at all, holding WPS and powering on doesn’t seem to do anything just boots normally.

EDIT: i also held the WPS for probably 5 minutes (till DSL synced) after it wasn’t rebooting when i was holding for 10 seconds and 30 seconds on several tries, doesn’t seem to be the method to clear nvram on this modem/router.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Nyzlia.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 397 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.