ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

• This topic has 1,152 replies, 72 voices, and was last updated 4 days, 8 hours ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.
Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,153 total)
  • Author
    JTAG
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 2
    • Total Posts 2
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Hello.

I use Asus DSL-AC88U with latest firmware (1.10.06 build591) and I’m not very happy with it. After finding out that there is a firmware with SSH/Telnet connectivity enabled (propably a life saver for DSL-AC88U users), I kindly ask for sharing that firmware.

Thank You.

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

Hello. I use Asus DSL-AC88U with latest firmware (1.10.06 build591) and I’m not very happy with it. After finding out that there is a firmware with SSH/Telnet connectivity enabled (propably a life saver for DSL-AC88U users), I kindly ask for sharing that firmware. Thank You.

PM Sent

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

JTAG
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 2
    • Total Posts 2
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Thank You very much.

MarkUK
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 1
    • Total Posts 1
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Hello. I use Asus DSL-AC88U with latest firmware (1.10.06 build591) and I’m not very happy with it. After finding out that there is a firmware with SSH/Telnet connectivity enabled (propably a life saver for DSL-AC88U users), I kindly ask for sharing that firmware. Thank You.

Hi, I was just about to ask this same question – does anyone have the firmware with the telnet/ssh enabled?

Thanks!

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

@MarkUK – PM/Email Sent

Chris Mann
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 1
    • Total Posts 1
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Hi – Was wondering if there was any chance I could please get a copy of the telnet/ssh enabled firmware?

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

@chrismann – PM/Email sent

n13ldo
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 13
    • Total Posts 14
    • UKTechHub Regular

May I have the telnet/ssh firmware please? I did email Asus asking for it a few months ago but heard nothing…

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

@n13ldo – PM/Email Sent

n13ldo
    Participant
    • Topics 1
    • Replies 13
    • Total Posts 14
    • UKTechHub Regular

Message received.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by n13ldo.
    r0b0tnik
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 2
    • Total Posts 2
    • UKTechHub Newbie

yo yo yo!

can you hook me up with the telnet/ssh firmware? I’d like to see whats going on. i was originally getting 7Mbps, but paying for 3Mbps which was great for the first 4 months. one day internet stops working..i had to call and we got it working, but I had to provide a mac address and a serial number for my modem which I never did before signing up. Now I am only getting 3Mbps..and whenever I call even to ask and pay more they say 3Mbps is the max. Yet I know that’s not true based on prior performance. any ideas?

If I had ssh can I smudge my mac address and serial numbers? also i disabled dhcp daemon and use static IPs. what is the fix for the dns? i point dns to umbrella manually?

thank you all for putting effort into this project. i’ve tried all the various firmware

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

PM / Email Sent regarding Firmware – I will plug in my DSL-AC88U and see if MAC address change can be done

Regarding your speeds, can u cut and paste your DSL Stats page so we can see what is going on .

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

Ok, so had a look at my DSL-AC88U and no need for the telnet firmware to be used for MAC Address cloning.

Under Advanced Settings > WAN > Internet Connection / if you select PVC Settings /Edit PVC  at the bottom of that expended page is the option for Special Requirements from ISP – if you type in the MAC address you need to use and select Apply ,  that should do it for mac cloning etc.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by UK Sentinel.

Lord D J Brown
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 1
    • Total Posts 1
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Late to the party but can I also request the firmware please?

Currently have a DSL-AC88U @ v1.10.06 build591 and having weird wifi dropouts with S10’s and google hubs.

Cheers,

D

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 331
    • Replies 1772
    • Total Posts 2103
    • UKTechHub Legend

PM/Email sent ;-)

If nothing has changed from the ASUS DSL-AC88U perspective, when this next happens, see if other devices are noticing a slower wifi speeds and also check the RAM/Memory usage as the DSL-AC88U suffered from memory leak issues (reboot weekly) is best option ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.