Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Hi, I found this link which mentions setting 101 on vlan, maybe worth a go?
Also just found link on dryatek site: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-isp-talktalk
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
Hi @UKSentinel
Just to let you know, I’ve now finally made a decision and just ordered the AX-86U and Draytek vigor 130.
I was going to hold out for the DSL-AX82U but due to my intermittent connection drops, which seems to be ranging from every 1.5hrs to maybe every couple of days, which no changes locally and it also looks like the memory usage is a little high on the device and will likely be a few months until that is sorted and either way the unit only has 512MB ram so there wont be much room left in memory and as I got a few devices (around probably 25-30) connected and I’m planning on linking it over VPN to another router at another location, I don’t want to start causing the router to run slow due to memory usage so feel the AX86U with the 1GB ram, might be the better option in the long run.
Hopefully I’ve made the right choice? should I have waiting for the DSL82U? I’m now just hoping if the connection drops, the draytek will auto reconnect and in turn the router will automatically work and not a reboot etc :)
Any tips for getting this setup and connected to internet initially? Can look at the extra features later. I’m hoping to setup 2 WIFI SSIDs, one for main use and one for IoT.
I was surprised, the AX86U wasn’t too much more expensive than the AX82U, think it must of come down in price? The draytek 130 was around the same price I saw it previously, bought it new as opposed used as figured I’ll be using it for the foreseeable so worth getting it new.
Thanks
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
Thanks, hmm yeah… i’ve been noticing from BT router that my internet goes down approx. every 1.5hours…. its stable and on from around 2-5/6am approx and from then on every 1.5hrs, it drops… and reconnects again after a coupe of minutes… very annoying…
Been holding out for the AX82U but may need to go with the AX86U & separate modem….. hmmmm have to see, might give it another 3 or 4 weeks and see if any supplies start to come through… I can prob go without the AI Protect etc, just use it as a straight forward router for a while until it gets issues sorted and then update / turn on extra features.. just looking for a stable connection atm… its ok when at work but sometimes WFH and can be annoying keep loosing connection.
Thanks
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
hmm few issues it seems with he AX82U, is this still the recommended router you think or should I look at a different model? What made me choose it was the inbuilt modem was a plus and the WAN port if it I do ever upgrade to FTTP, I can still use this router and not another :) My other option was the AX86U but need a draytek modem and bit of a issue with sockets where its based so hence decision to go AX82U. Seem no one in UK has any at present last I checked. Almost seems liek the AX82U could of done with 1Gb ram as looks to be running pretty high considering.
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
wow 77-78% hmmm bit high no? wondering if should get the AX86U now and modem instead….. doesn’t seem much room left in ram…
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
that link on amazon shows 5th June for me atm…. going to wait and see if other suppliers get it :)
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
Thanks @El3rt1cal, my existing BT router appears to be dropped connection approx. every 1.5 – 2 hours. It automatically re-connects so hence I don’t always notice it if i’m not using it at the time it drops but super annoying…
Just looking for a shop to buy it from that has in stock and is one I’m familiar with ideally.
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
Thanks, wow June, I was hoping to get one this month or next.
I think I’ll keep an eye out as I suspect some places may have it available sooner to purchase. If not, i’ll pre-order it.
Thanks
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
Thanks, I just been looking at current BT router event log, it seems connection dropped at around 1am, 8am, 9am, 10:45am so far today so seem it dropped out every hour or two mostly, ignoring the 1am as this maybe when BT dropped the connection. Fortunately it comes back on its own but takes a short while but rather annoying to say the least.
Going to see if more reviews of the DSL-AX82U from users having one and then might place a order for one, i never heard of those online stores before though, usually buy from ebuyer etc.
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
sure thanks, hopefully someone can advise if connection has been stable :)
Thanks
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
Will buy from the UK for reasons of ensuring getting the UK plug and also in case of returns and not having to deal with any customs stuff :)
Has your DSL-AX82U been ok so far on default router out of the box or are there some issues I should be aware of? Top priority is getting a decent connection and not one that drops out a few times each day randomly like it does at present.
Thanks
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
Reason for potentially going with the AX82U is the RT-AX86U seems unavailable at most places with reasonable prices and the DSL-AX82U would still be usable if went FTTP due to WAN port. Also means I don’t have to worry about getting an adapter so I can plug in 2 devices as only have 1 socket available where router is. Also works out cheaper than getting the AX86U + Vigor 130.
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
Thanks, think i might go for this one. Anyone had any issues with the DSL-AX82U when running on the default firmware? Is it good to buy now or are there some bugs that need fixing so should wait?
Kev
You need to login in order to vote
-
AuthorPosts
