ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

• This topic has 1,074 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 3 days ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.
Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,075 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel

Take a look at below link for hardware for Fritz!Boxs, these references tend to be reliable

Basically – 7582 is Broadcom and 7583 is Lantiq (now Intel) with same CPU clock speed as Broadcom.

Edit: forgot to say, the DSL-AC88U has same DSL chipset as 7582 (BCM 63138)

http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/AVM

AVM FRITZ!Box 7580
    (HW225)
    PXB4583EL2000 -S-LLZR/LLK4
    PSB80318M V1.2
    NT5CC256M16DP-DI
    TC58BVG2S0HTA00
    XC3S100E
    SC14446
    QCA9984-JVV
    QCA9984-DVV

AVM FRITZ!Box 7581
    (HW224)
    Broadcom BCM63138D
    512MB
    128MB

AVM FRITZ!Box 7582
    (HW228)
    Broadcom BCM63138
    512MB
    128MB

AVM FRITZ!Box 7583
    (HW239)
    PXB4583EL2000 mips34_grx5
    512MB
    512MB
    dect_446

AVM FRITZ!Box 7590
    (HW226)
    PXB4583EL2000 -SLLZR
    PSB80318M V1.2
    NT5CC256M16DP-DI
    MX30LF4GE8AB-TI
    XC6SLX4
    SC14446
    QCA9984-0VV
    QCA9985

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by UK Sentinel.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant

7582 are international and for providers only (they can hand it out their customers), AFAIK there are no german-only versions of it and you cant buy it in shops, maybe there are 1&1 versions you should better avoid (could have some provider branding and/or limitations).

But even 7490 and 7590 seems to become international, all 7.19 (beta) firmwares can be used on german and international routers with language and timezone support.

Dont know differences of chips, you have to ask Broadcom.

But it cant be an old chip, otherwise there wont be a G.fast support on router.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Grisu.
    dodgydrains
    Participant

My contract with TalkTalk runs out in a month or so.  Hyperoptic is available in my building.  Never used them before but decided to take the plunge on their 150Mb package.  Hope it is the right decision.  At least I will not have to deal with this router for a while if things go well.

UK Sentinel

£20.80 for there Superfast Service (150Mbps), a Great Price, Glad the DSL-AC88U can now RiP – Enjoy your new ZTE Router .

Edit: Future posts regarding Hyperoptic Superfast Broadband has been moved to https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/moved-reply-to-asus-dsl-ac88u-dsl-ac3100-firmwares-betas-etc/

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by UK Sentinel.

vitt13
    Participant

Hi, i am from Germany, recently upgraded to 1&1 DSL 250 supervectoring and what a surprise my DSL-AC88U Annex B doesn’t sync with 35b with all the settings tried, only 17a syncing well (100MB/S) it seems the Router doesn’t support Annex Q supervectoring (V/Plus) despite it says on the package that it does or may be i’m missing something. Has anyone tried or have supervectoring 35b ? At the moment i am using Fritzbox 7530 from 1&1 and it’s working flawlessly but i would prefer ASUS because the better WiFi . Very pity indeed

UK Sentinel

I am unsure how long you have owned the DSL-AC88U, but I would return the router to shop as it is rumoured the DSL-AC88U is no longer supported by ASUS (no new Firmware).

The DSL-AC88U uses the Broadcom 63138 chipset, which does support 35b, – https://www.broadcom.com/products/broadband/xdsl/bcm63138

If not possible to return to shop/retailer, then have you tried manually selected the 35b DSL option rather than allowing auto detect for synch.

Also, ensure you are using the latest firmware Version 1.10.06_Build591 – if that does not work, try an older firmware for testing.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by UK Sentinel.

UK Sentinel

Content Removed (double post)

vitt13
    Participant

I have had DSL-AC88U Annex B since May 2018 bought from online retailer, if i have no luck returning it i will definitely sell it on E-bay. Regarding manual selection – it doesn’t help, even after resetting to factory settings it finds only 17a profile, it’s useless for supervectoring and i don’t really want to spend more time trying old firmwares, especially when i found my “new love” very reliable Fritzbox

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by vitt13.
    UK Sentinel

Yes, Fritz!Box are a good units and very reliable, I have 3490, alas I had a look at some other forums for the DSl-AC88U Annex B and it does seems as though 35b profile does not work well.

Most Friz!boxs support Mesh Wifi, so radio signal issues/strength can be resolved

Maybe worth sending ASUS a feedback form and asking them to provide guidance if you cannot return the DSL-AC88U and/or just sell as you say.

DSL-AC88U =

vitt13
    Participant

Sorry guys i know this topic for DSL-AC88U which i had sold a few weeks ago for not detecting my new 250 MB/s 35b Supervectoring line, my mum’s new DSL-AC68VG just syncing and working perfectly with 35b line with no resyncing at all for days !!! Very very stable.
    Just a few minor bugs which i reported to ASUS (i hope they still support modem-routers), but one bug is the same as with DSL-AC88U and it’s AiCloud 2.0 not working, in DSL-AC88U after instaling on USB you can’t open https://192.168.1.1 at all, in DSL-AC68VG AiCloud opens but there is no folders detected as if USB trouble, in the meantime FTP opens fine with the same USB. Has anyone managed to get AiCloud working with DSL-AC88U ?

UK Sentinel

I believe the DSL-AC68VG has gone the same way as the DSl-AC88U (not supported) as last firmware was 2018/10/16 – when I last was asked to test AiCloud for DSL-AC88U (Version 1.10.05-Build502 ) this still did not work.

I have not checked newer firmware’s so hopefully somebody else can assist but I am sure this was an issue with the DSL-AC88U as I recall chat on my old forum relating to the DSL-AC88U and AiCloud

SM9CC
    Participant

Hi friend, can you give me the latest firmware with Telnet? I have not lost hope of fixing this machine yet.

UK Sentinel

Hi friend, can you give me the latest firmware with Telnet? I have not lost hope of fixing this machine yet.

Brave chap. PM will be sent

(Note: alas your registered email address no longer works) ?

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by UK Sentinel.

applejune
    Participant

Hi everyone, I need some help with this modem. it has been working fantastic for the last 2 years until recently for unknown reason, it won’t let me do factory reset, I have tried all the method that I could find online (WPS button, 30-30-30) non seem to work even tried to recovery mode and re-flashed firmware then click the factory reset button on the back or in the web client and it still no working. My model is AUS market
    What should I do?

UK Sentinel

Hi everyone, I need some help with this modem. it has been working fantastic for the last 2 years until recently for unknown reason, it won’t let me do factory reset, I have tried all the method that I could find online (WPS button, 30-30-30) non seem to work even tried to recovery mode and re-flashed firmware then click the factory reset button on the back or in the web client and it still no working. My model is AUS market What should I do?

Welcome – Does this option work ? – https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/dsl-ac88u-recovery-mode-rescue-mode-and-clearing-nvram-guide/

Other option maybe to unplug DSL-AC88U/3100 and put another modem in temporarily, and  powered off for a few hours and try again as above still not connected to DSL cable etc. ?

Are you sure your IP address is correct and try switching LAN ports on Router encase a port has died etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,075 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.