ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless ASUS New DSL-AX82U Modem Router Combo – Wifi 6

Viewing 7 posts - 406 through 412 (of 412 total)
  • Author
    Black Bird
    Participant
    • Posts 49
    • Regular

I think it’s been 2 months since I bought the modem. I changed these settings before and used it for about 1 week. After that, the snr value dropped to 8, when my internet started to not disconnect constantly, I reset the modem and restored it. Of course, I don’t know if it went down to these values ​​because of the setting I made or if it fell to these values ​​because of the failure of the isp. My download speed was as low as 33. Is it possible that the setting I made on the modem is causing problems in the ISP line?

You must leave an ISS e fault notification for inconsistency in your line value.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Black Bird.

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 51
    • Regular

I tried, I complained to the ISS company to the government agency. I’m trying to do something with my own effort.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by osman.
    SL
    Participant
    • Posts 10
    • Regular

Maybe this is another bug ??

This happens when you config schedule wifi on the DSL AX82U and also configure the physical button on device to turn off Wireless temporarily

By doing the above it actaully turns off the wireless schedule you have created

Have tested this and when i go into the wireless settings the schedule for the wireless has been disabled

So everytime now i press the physical button on the 82U it will disable the wifi schedule i have created

So i have to go back into settings to re enable the wifi schedule everytime i temporarily disable WiFi !!

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

Interesting: are you on the latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.45660

If so I will drop ASUS an email and could you also send a feedback form stating as above

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

SL
    Participant
    • Posts 10
    • Regular

Yes i am on latest firmware available (45660)

Have sent feedback form as you requested

Regards

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

Have sent feedback form as you requested

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

If you are discussing things with Asus, their QoS FAQ point 9 is not very clearly written though top down priority overruling any lower rule is still conveyed, but far more importantly raises the question of – with order so important why is it not yet possible to rearrange the order? In the worst case scenario wanting to alter any of the fields for the upper most rules other than the priority drop down results in having to rebuild the entire stack.

OK, so I have chased ASUS again yesterday regarding that early last year ‘around May’ I asked if the QOS (Traditional) could be changed to allow the movement of the rules to be adjusted by UI (moved Up and Down) ? (for all ASUS models).

Alas still no update, but I did emphasize to ASUS again that this would be a useful feature, it would help if all owners of ASUS routers (RT and DSL)  can send a feedback form requesting this feature, if they think this would be of use ?

Viewing 7 posts - 406 through 412 (of 412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.