ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1,246 through 1,255 (of 1,255 total)
  • Author
    n13ldo
    Participant
    • Posts 31
    • Regular

Decided to splash out on a RT-AX88U (connected to HG612 3B). Superb performance from the router but still to try out Wifi6 (phone and laptop support natively).

The RT-AC88U I tried to connect as an AiMesh Node but it wanted 192.168.1.1 on boot (same as RT-AX88U)… can’t be a*sed for the rest of the day. May look into tomorrow when the natives are all sleeping and no moaning about no internet….

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 286
    • Regular

First factory reset Aimesh-Node, then it should work. Before save config to go back easily like it is right now just in case.

I suppose you still have it configured as master like new one.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Grisu.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2467
    • Skipper

Decided to splash out on a RT-AX88U (connected to HG612 3B). Superb performance from the router but still to try out Wifi6 (phone and laptop support natively). The RT-AC88U I tried to connect as an AiMesh Node but it wanted 192.168.1.1 on boot (same as RT-AX88U)… can’t be a*sed for the rest of the day. May look into tomorrow when the natives are all sleeping and no moaning about no internet….

The RT-AX88U arrived quickly, are / have you flashed the any of your two routers with ASUSWRT-Merlin firmware ?

Families and Internet access, especially during lockdown 

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

n13ldo
    Participant
    • Posts 31
    • Regular

Decided to splash out on a RT-AX88U (connected to HG612 3B). Superb performance from the router but still to try out Wifi6 (phone and laptop support natively). The RT-AC88U I tried to connect as an AiMesh Node but it wanted 192.168.1.1 on boot (same as RT-AX88U)… can’t be a*sed for the rest of the day. May look into tomorrow when the natives are all sleeping and no moaning about no internet….

The RT-AX88U arrived quickly, are / have you flashed the any of your two routers with ASUSWRT-Merlin ? Families and Internet access

Yep, both on latest Merlin. The RT-AX88U was on 192.168.50.1 out of the box (factory). Couldn’t find it initially.

I run PiHole on a Linux Mint machine as DHCP/DNS which makes swapping out routers fairly quick – and no ads on the network to boot.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2467
    • Skipper

Perfect and sounds like you know what you are doing and try as @Grisu advice’s as he is very knowledgeable   

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 286
    • Regular

Yes RTFM, they use different default IP on newer routers 50.1 instead of 1.1 on older routers. You find it in manual and help.

n13ldo
    Participant
    • Posts 31
    • Regular

Yes RTFM, they use different default IP on newer routers 50.1 instead of 1.1 on older routers. You find it in manual and help.

RTFM indeed

Didn’t notice the downstream router should be using the WAN port, doh!

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2467
    • Skipper

If everyone RTFM, There would be no need for any forums

DSLit
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Recruit

Chris Best wrote: Hi @uk-sentinel, if at all possible would i be able to get access to the telnet firmware build, having some weird issues with my AC-88u and would like to see if i can get to the bottom of it. ta in advance. Hi @chrisbest – email / PM sent about firmware

Hi, may I have it too?

Hi @zer000 – email / PM sent about firmware

Hello @uk-sentinel, Can I have the telnet firmware too?
    I have the DSL-AC-88U.

Many thanks!

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2467
    • Skipper

@DSLit – I have sent you an email

Viewing 10 posts - 1,246 through 1,255 (of 1,255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.