Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
My fixed rate tariff with Octopus also will expire soon. Decided to take the plunge and switched to an upstart company, Fuse Energy. Hopefully they don’t go under, before my 13 month fixed rate that I signed up with them on, expires in September 2026.

You need to login in order to vote
Looks like a significant update with a number of security fixes.
Version 3.0.0.6.102_36998
63.18 MB
2025/08/08
SHA-256 :6151AE66806CE60E15E72FFB8A79527E05B4E79B21E0B9B5214D1648AC7D45CD
Important: After installing this firmware, we strongly recommend performing a factory-default reset to activate every new security adjustment.Security Enhancements
– Password Policy Upgrade – Minimum 10 characters with at least 1 letter, 1 digit and 1 special symbol, and no consecutive identical characters; hardens defence against brute-force attacks.
– HTTPS on 8443 – Management interface now served over TLS by default.
– UPnP Disabled – Universal Plug and Play starts in the off state for reduced surface exposure.
– AiCloud Authentication Hardening (CWE-287) – Added layered verification.
– Authentication Logic Refactor – Removed redundant code paths for a lean sign-in flow.
– Memory Safety Guard (CWE-476) – Introduced null-reference protections across critical services.
– Enhanced IPsec Parameter Validation – The existing input checks have been hardened.
– Data Exposure Mitigation (CWE-200) – Reinforced controls on sensitive pathways.
– Detailed Audit Trails – Expanded logging within the authentication module.System Improvements
– Connection Stability – Core algorithms refined for steadier links.
– Scheduling Accuracy – Timed tasks execute reliably under PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP WAN modes.
– Client List Maintenance – Resolved an issue that prevented offline devices from being removed from the client list.You need to login in order to vote
Over 30 days uptime with the previous FW, hopefully this one is as stable.
You need to login in order to vote
ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_36935Version 3.0.0.6.102_3693563.74 MB2025/07/18SHA-256 :5576D650BC9E724C6A9572133544251103EDDD6399BDFC72DCF85B79FB9B6C341. Applied Broadcom patch to resolve a potential 5 GHz Wi-Fi vulnerability that, in rare cases, could trigger temporary disconnections for connected devices; updating ensures normal operation and enhanced protection.
2. Fixed MAC Filter inconsistency with MLO devices
3. Improved Network Map client list accuracy-
This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by
dodgydrains.
You need to login in order to vote
Does the latest BQ16 FW 3.0.0.6.102_36934 include a patch to fix the security vulnerability that is being widely reported?
You need to login in order to vote
I did a dirty flash. No factory reset.
-
This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by
dodgydrains.
You need to login in order to vote
59 days 6 hour(s) 48 minute(s) 37 seconds of uptime on 3.0.0.6.102_36909.
Let’s see if the new FW version is as stable for me.
You need to login in order to vote
ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_36934Version 3.0.0.6.102_3693463.74 MB2025/05/26SHA-256 :D58CACD2454BA923336D86E0F54C8DDC9FCB84EED75B3422B71E2AC9E3C95A9FBug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Implemented a security patch to address an OpenVPN issue.
2. Improved compatibility with IoT devices on WPA2/WPA3 networks.
3. Enhanced the stability of remote connections.
4. Resolved an issue with the WiFi scheduler.
5. Improved Parental Control scheduling with support for SDN clients.
6. Fixed an issue causing Movistar IPTV to malfunction.-
This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by
dodgydrains.
You need to login in order to vote
You need to login in order to vote
Mine is exactly the same, I purchased an item that someone purchased from Amazon. For 2 years I will need to return it to the store who will arrange this with Amazon. 3rd year will be a hail Mary and hope……
-
This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by
dodgydrains.
You need to login in order to vote
Finally got a response from Asus. Apparently the seller has taken responsibility for warranty on this and I need to approach the seller if I have any warranty issues. This is why the warranty is shown as expired one day before the manufactured date. Feels like I have been fobbed off, but hey as hardware goes Asus routers have been good for me. Lets hope I do not have any issues hardware wise.
You need to login in order to vote
I cannot find the ‘VIP card’ in the box for the 2xBQ16 I purchased.
Is there a way to register them on my Asus account without it?
I tried the serial numbers on the units but they are not recognised. I know from previous Asus products I purchased, you needed to enter the serial number from the ‘VIP card’ and not the actual units.
You need to login in order to vote
-
This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts

